2.2 20vt engine in a ibiza

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
do you think its possible to put a 2.2 20vt engine in a ibiza i think the engine from a rs2 but im not sure wot do people think ive heard there heavy engines :confused:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
goes the wrong doesn't it?longways not transverse,not impossibe though,dubwesier chucked one in a mk1 golf

flashbsd

dunno but i struggle with grip enough, so i would want 4x4!

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
JBS would be the best people to take this on. If you have the money they have the time!

Cossie lump into a mk6 fiesta FWD proves anything with a bit of effort and money is possible

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
2.0 FSTI engines another option, but the problems i ran into whilst looking into it was trying to get the injection system to work, aparantly it wont run on stand alone or custom management.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Scotty_b said:
JBS would be the best people to take this on. If you have the money they have the time!

Cossie lump into a mk6 fiesta FWD proves anything with a bit of effort and money is possible

yeah but fords are so easy to work on,

Those Yb engines must have elsatic engine mounts cos they end up stretching into the strangest of gaps,

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Craig! said:
2.0 FSTI engines another option, but the problems i ran into whilst looking into it was trying to get the injection system to work, aparantly it wont run on stand alone or custom management.

these 20 TFSi engines are so cheap as well,

OE parts were knocking them out for 1500 + vat for engie and turbo.

surprised Bill or someone has not looked at lopping one in, all the tuners reckon change of Turbo would see amazing results.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
After putting a RST in a mk5 i owuld say no! But compared to other engines into other cars there easy as. I would say its as easy as you wnat to make it tho. DRopped a 300tdi lump into an old landi using the chop and weld approach and it looked really good, because the fiesta was a dailey drive it was a bit more ow dont cut that and mind thatwhich made it a pain

cpufreak

back in the UK
Nov 9, 2003
London, SW6
photo.ing.me.uk
cu51pra said:
thats why a 2.2 lump would be perfect and it shouldn't be a week lump coz its made as a 2.2 and not a 1.8t bored out to a 2.2

except it wont fit.

When the TT came out, Dialynx wanted to do some special with one, and initially were goin to fit one of the 2.2 Turbo 5 cylinder engines from the quattro, but it was too bulky. In the end they put a 2.7 biturbo v6 from the S4 into it, as it was more compact.

if the 2.2 inline 5 wont fit in a TT engine bay, how exactly do you think it'll fit in an ibiza engine bay? :)

and then there's the problem of mating it to your gearbox.

am not really sure what you're trying to acheive....1.8T bored to 2.2 is going to be torquier, and less willing to rev...imagine only reason to move to 2.2T is to componsate for lag from bigger turbo...except going to 1.9 is enough for most people....and you really do not want more torque, poor 02j gearbox will crunch and wimper! :confused:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Ant FR said:
these 20 TFSi engines are so cheap as well,

OE parts were knocking them out for 1500 + vat for engie and turbo.

surprised Bill or someone has not looked at lopping one in, all the tuners reckon change of Turbo would see amazing results.

why? 5v motor works quite well ;) :p

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
cu51pra said:
but it should be possible to fit the 2.2 lump into the ibiza dont you think?

Have you looked at a 5cyl motor?

Anythings possible at the end of the day.. given enough wedge and knowhow.
hope you have sufficient of both.

Look at Dahlback projects to see what a 5cyl motor can be put into... but also look at the spec and balance sheet.

good luck matey. hope your lottery numbers come up.

t18con

Mar 21, 2002
n.i.
Visit site
just look at the 2litre 16v mk2 ibiza. on the driver side check the clearance between the inner wing and the cam belt covers. basically the 5 cylinder audi engine is that same block as the mk2 ibiza, with an extra cylinder on the end. now id love to know where that extra cylinder is going to end up.