2 problems in 1 day :-/

Gctdi00001

Feb 23, 2021
Have a couple problems on the mk2 cupra, wondering if any1 could help?

First one..
I had a low fuel pressure error...p310b - 002. So the fuel filter has been changed and the pressure went from 5.5 bar to 5.8, I think they are meant to run about 6.6 but the error hasn't come back. Does anyone know if they should run at 6.6, if so I may need a new pump before stage 2/2+ tune on July.

Next problem is I have used the aux to phone connection for the first time and the left hand speakers sound terrible, front and rear sound horrendous! I've tried a different lead, different songs and its the same, anyone had this before?

Thanks and have an awesome weekend!!

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi mate if it sounds normal on your radio then your aux port connection is damaged and need to be replaced. If the sound is the same when the radio is on its your Speakers that are bad.

Gctdi00001

Feb 23, 2021
Hi mate if it sounds normal on your radio then your aux port connection is damaged and need to be replaced. If the sound is the same when the radio is on its your Speakers that are bad.

Cheers! After I read your post I thought you must be right unless somethings wrong in headunit which is hard to believe; so I tried it again and noticed ifif I twist the cable where its plugged into port it all started working!

I'll give the port a good clean tomorrow and hope that cures it!

Thanks 😊

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
No problem those aux ports don’t take much to damage them normally it’s your elbow that smacks the lead and bends it.

Last edited:

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
Could of just been a clogged fuel filter mate, have you fitted the upgraded internals for the high pressure pump yet?

Gctdi00001

Feb 23, 2021
Could of just been a clogged fuel filter mate, have you fitted the upgraded internals for the high pressure pump yet?

No havent done that yet, still debating on stage 2 or stage 2+ ...fitting turbo back powervalve exhaust today (one on the cars was rubbish) so its ready for stage 2, the thing holding me back doing 2+ is the outlay of the clutch.

Just seems a lot for not a huge amount extra? As soon as the clutch starts to go i'll bite the bullet and do the rs4 fuel valve, vis internals on fuel pump and helix Clutch i think.

Hoping your right and its just a fuel filter 🤞
Cheers

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
I personally would wait till your ready for stage 2+( the torque is killer ;) )
That's if you are already stg1 mapped?
I did the fuel pump internals before 2+ on my K1 also the 5mm drill mod to the pump as well.
The clutch soon started to go maybe a month after so it did very well bless it haha.

Gctdi00001

Feb 23, 2021
I personally would wait till your ready for stage 2+( the torque is killer ;) )
That's if you are already stg1 mapped?
I did the fuel pump internals before 2+ on my K1 also the 5mm drill mod to the pump as well.
The clutch soon started to go maybe a month after so it did very well bless it haha.

Not even stage 1 mapped yet, I got the car for quite a reasonable price. It just had a major service at 100k inc camblet & pump.

It came with induction kit and rear silencer delete but no history between 65-100k So not sure how old the clutch is :-/
A month!!! Haha I didn't know there was a 5mm drill mod 😳 I need to look into this lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.