2004 Leon Cupra Brake Upgrade?

The_Assessor

I'm after some advise on upgrading my Leon 2004 Cupra front brakes.

I've been told that Audi TT fronts fit straight on, is this true? All I need are the carriers, is this true?
What year Audi would would these be from?

All advice is most welcome!

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Welcome to SCN mate :)

First question I have is, is it a diesel Cupra you've got?

If so, then your car came with 288mm front brakes as standard. The TT ones are the same as petrol Cupra ones at 312mm, you'll need the carriers and obviously the larger discs to suit.

If its a petrol, then don't worry, you'll already have the same 312mm brakes as the TT :)

You'll see some of the carriers for sale in the Parts section on here if you have a look ;)

Last edited:

westie309

Sep 29, 2007
Walsall west mids
Just get some cupra r brembos,and either the adapters or go the whole hog and buy cupra r wishbones,hubs,shafts,rack etc and slap it all on together :) how deep are your pockets and how much do u love your car lol

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
You don't need adaptors or hubs to fit brembos. You just use the correct mounting brackets that come with the pistons. Hubs and wishbones have zero to do with brakes.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
Yip. Only need different hubs if you have the real small brakes . The 288 312 don't need new hubs. I fitted 312 carriers to my 288 cupra tdi. Then I fitted the brembo junior gt kit later on. No probs

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
and if you really want good brakes without going to the cost of buying brembos then you should invest in a good set of discs and a set of ferodo ds2500 pads this set up will be more than good enough for daily driving and occasional track day

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
and if you really want good brakes without going to the cost of buying brembos then you should invest in a good set of discs and a set of ferodo ds2500 pads this set up will be more than good enough for daily driving and occasional track day

Agreed. I rate the brembo sport hp 2000 pads, and they are only 80 quid

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.