2007 FR Drivers door lock

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
Seems to be a bit of a contagion going around at present as looking on the main page there are a ton of new threads regarding door and boot lock issues. And so... To add to the mix. Drivers door locks and unlocks with the key, but does nothing in response to the key fob. All other doors lock and unlock fine. In addition when driving along every now and then you can hear the locking mechanism trying to lock/unlock or something that sounds very similar. So....am I looking at a new door control/lock mechanism or do any of you wizards have any advice?

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Once the car has been unlocked using the fob can you open the drivers door open from inside? And when it has been opened from inside does it then work normally until the car has been locked again?

If so it's likely to be the door mechanism, but get the fault code checked first just to be sure.

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
Once the car has been unlocked using the fob can you open the drivers door open from inside? And when it has been opened from inside does it then work normally until the car has been locked again?

If so it's likely to be the door mechanism, but get the fault code checked first just to be sure.

Yes exactly

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
I've had this on front and rear passenger doors, very common it seems. New locking mechanism sorted it.

What kind of cost am I looking at, and you wouldn't happen to know part numbers etc? Thanks guys

Last edited:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Recently cost me just under £130 posted for the front passenger module, sourced from Dave on the forum here. You'd need to check the part number with him.

blackquat

Nov 30, 2014
I stripped mine down, put some Vaseline on the contacts of the motors and it's been fine since.