2009 6J Ibiza Cupra Oil and Misfire Problems:(

Sep 19, 2020
Hello everyone, im having problems with my car:( recently it was misfiring continuously so I got news spark plugs and still nothing I then went on to get new coil packs and then the car was spot on again. but recently it has happened again but not as bad the car drives fine when driving normally but when I got to accelerate or but my foot down a little more the car starts to judder and then the engine light will start flashing and then every now and again the epc light will come on very rarely though. also another thing brought to my attention is when I start the car I have no lights on the dash whatsoever then when driving and when it hits a certain rpm the oil light will flash and beep at my 3 times in a row and it will only ever do it 3 times after its beeped 3 times the beeping then stops for the rest of my journey but the oil light will remain to flash. I've checked oil levels and there fine and the car idles quietly with no knocking or anything. if anyone could help me out or even be able to tell me how to fix or any advice I would appreciate it very much so. many thanks! JamesLB

Sep 19, 2020
I’m based in Eastbourne East Sussex, I spoke to my mechanic and he reckons it’s coil pack as I didn’t have much money at the time and brought the cheaper ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Yes it is mate

Check the link above ^^
I have the Bocanegra, plenty of threads on here to help you diagnose the problem, have a search and read through.
You probably need to do a scan of the ECU to see what fault codes it has and go from there.

Reactions: JamesLB
Sep 19, 2020
Thank you mate I just had a read. My cupra is dead standard apart from a centre silencer hasn’t been mapped or anything do you still recommend them spark plugs

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Thank you mate I just had a read. My cupra is dead standard apart from a centre silencer hasn’t been mapped or anything do you still recommend them spark plugs

you can give them a try, but you will need to get it looked at.

Reactions: JamesLB
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.