2009 Toledo

adrian t

May 10, 2008
south west dorset
found this guys so thought i post it here, not sure its here all ready

seat_toledo_render.jpg

10028.jpg

not sure what this one is but sure someone can tell me ?? or is it a new range to go head to head with the audi a4????

Last edited:

StuPDi

old guy
Mar 30, 2007
Gillingham Kent
looks like a photo-shop "leon Saloon"
which of course was what the last Toledo was aimed at being.

the current Toledo is hideous looking, but fits very nicely into the mpv market of "having a people carrier without 7 seats"

i was looking for a 150TDi toledo but couldn't find 1 anywhere. that's 1 of the reasons why i ended up looking for an A4 (and i've wanted an Audi since i was about 5 years old :lol: )

Stu

TDI_luver

Jul 11, 2006
Ireland
Who the hell drives a saloon any more ? They belong to the 1970s - Rest In Peace.
Its a shame the MkIII Toledo is being retired - it is a fine competent practical car, just because some people didnt like the curved rear window and large boot it is being replaced with a Bora lookalike ??

Td1man

It is I beleive based on the Audi A4 B7 chassis, unusual for VAG, they usually let the other group members try out and debug their newer chassis!

StuPDi

old guy
Mar 30, 2007
Gillingham Kent
Who the hell drives a saloon any more ? They belong to the 1970s - Rest In Peace.

i do!!!!!!!!!

there are loads of decent "saloon" cars still on the market.

i don't like saloons that are derived from their hatchback stable mates, often look like an afterthought!

cars like Mondeo, Megane, Vectra, Avensis and the like spring to mind.

the Sierra Sappire was an absolute abortion!!!!!

Stu

StuPDi

old guy
Mar 30, 2007
Gillingham Kent
the only thing i dont like about the A4 is the lack of rear legroom :(

but hey, i never sit in the back, and rarely carry passengers apart from my 8yr old daughter, and she sits on the passenger side!

Have got a massive boot though :) and with stealth mounted factory sub in the rear shelf there is no loss of space and still got great sounds :)

Stu

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Really like that Tolly, hope we get it and they banish the hideous Altea and more hideous still Altea XL from our roads

I can think of a load of decent saloons:
All BMW's
Mercs
Audi's
Mitsubishi Evo
Scooby
Lexus

and of course the best of the lot.................... THE SEAT CORDOBA :funk:

StuPDi

old guy
Mar 30, 2007
Gillingham Kent
shame they made the impreza into a Hyundai style hatchback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honda Accord (latest one)
Masarati quattroporte (bit controversial)

totally agree with the german trio
and lexus

Jag's weren't bad til they brought out the Mondeo/x-type.

Passat's are very popular in the company car market, as are (surprisingly) the new Jetta!!!

Stu

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Make the the top one have a large hatch, not a boot and i'd buy one tomorrow.The trouble with all boots,it's no matter how large the hold,the opening is always disappointing.
Measuring my toledo against my old vrs with a bike,means i have to drop the seats in the toledo just to get the frame in,with the VRS i could fit it in with ease,the tolly,i have to drag it in from the rear doors.i like big hatches,or estates now.

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
I may be one of a very small minority, but i like the new shape Tolly.
Me and the other half test drove one for a week (2.0 TDI DSG) and realli liked it.
Not realli our sort of car, but we agreed it would be a great alternative to "mums taxi".

Whatever it is its decent looking but as others have pointed out theres enough saloons on the market already!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
althought not quite the same as the current toledo and i know you'll slate me for this :) i had the displeasure of collecting a Renault Vel Satis a couple of years back

as it looks not disimilar i spose it came to mind

i can stand and be counted and say for a 'normal' driving day to day it's possibly the most pleasureable experience behind the wheel i have ever had - ill go as far to say a better ride than the Bentley Turbo R too - just a shame they are all pig ugly really but that's life

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise