2013 150 fr

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
Agree with what you say Webb when buying used, your experience with your FR is sounds near enough same as when I bought mine.
It was up for a good price with a good spec, the sprayed the front due to chips and this was without me even pointing it out, they've changed rear lights for me due to cracks and changed wipers as they were worn on pick up.

So far I've had a claim for door /dash rattle turned down but its intermittent and its a slight rattle so not too bothered, apart from that I've had a good service from the dealer so far from the dealer and if something major does pop up hopefully they will be able to sort it.

So far so good I'd say

webb204

May 19, 2015
Webb how'd it go on the Tuesday by the way. Did everything work out and are you enjoying the new car?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

,Yes ,picked it up tuesday night ,tbh looks far better than i remembered !!
Initial thoughts when driving home were mixed ,loved the interior ,wasn't happy about the performance ,dip beam is rubbish !!
Anyway ,after driving it to work and back ,performance wise its fine ,the problem is just down to the throttle travel compared to my FR+ ,coupled with the longer gearing ,if im honest i found 1st/2nd too short on the FR+ !!
Ive adjusted the lights up half a turn tonight but haven't tried them yet as I've been out for a couple ,i have a feeling that i may have to go a little higher though ,driving back from dealers down a back road yesterday was just dangerous on dip ,main been is fine ,and yes i get my eyes tested every year :)
One major plus point is how quick the heaters start blowing warm ,far far quicker than the FR+ ,and a MK6 golf i had ,plus the heated seats made it a lovely place to be this morning at 6am in the snow and 0 temp !!

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
My wife agrees the heated seats I think helped convince her the change was worth it along with all the other nice things.

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
Bit confused on the lights as I thought they were fully automatic (up down). Admittedly agree they're never going to be as good as the afs road following bixenons in the fr+

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
Also heating in general does seem reasonable although my wife I think still thinks her last car a 2000 polo e still had the best quick heating...any hoos if agree it's pretty quick.

webb204

May 19, 2015
Bit confused on the lights as I thought they were fully automatic (up down). Admittedly agree they're never going to be as good as the afs road following bixenons in the fr+

The headlights only level upon startup i believe ,dip beam is truly bad (theres a big thread on here about it ),ill see how they perform in the morning

webb204

May 19, 2015
Also heating in general does seem reasonable although my wife I think still thinks her last car a 2000 polo e still had the best quick heating...any hoos if agree it's pretty quick.

The FR+.and MK6 golf i had were very poor at warming up ,this fr is on par with the MK5 golf i had with the auxiliary heater ,i wonder if the leon has one as standard ?

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
When chatting with peeps in dealers it was interesting as I realised how well spec'd the fr+ was. The lights were both an upgrade and a downgrade in that sense. So far I haven't found them too bad maybe mine being a later car they had altered something. Niggles for me are losing the things that kind of stood out - hidden rear door handles, wiper position change. It's clear that there has been a lot of fitting into the mqb platform mould but then they are really good and the way they've found space in the wheelbase as well as shortening it and only marginally widening it is great. I'm relieved it's nowhere near as wide as golf though (they're wider than a passat which is a bit odd to get your head round) as they always feel too wide to have fun. Not something I've experienced in most other cars.

webb204

May 19, 2015
When chatting with peeps in dealers it was interesting as I realised how well spec'd the fr+ was. The lights were both an upgrade and a downgrade in that sense. So far I haven't found them too bad maybe mine being a later car they had altered something. Niggles for me are losing the things that kind of stood out - hidden rear door handles, wiper position change. It's clear that there has been a lot of fitting into the mqb platform mould but then they are really good and the way they've found space in the wheelbase as well as shortening it and only marginally widening it is great. I'm relieved it's nowhere near as wide as golf though (they're wider than a passat which is a bit odd to get your head round) as they always feel too wide to have fun. Not something I've experienced in most other cars.

The FR+ is a great car ,loved mine ,but the Mk3 just seems much more modern inside,and everything is much more functional in its layout

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.