2013 Ibiza FR radio

Jun 19, 2021
Hi everyone,

Tried searching for this but could not find a thread with photos active.

I have a 6j Ibiza FR with the newer head unit. I am trying to install a double din, I have all the wiring working including steering wheel controls and hazard relocation.

I just can’t work out how the radio mounts. I have this kit, CT23ST25 Soft Touch Double Din
It’s a cageless side mount but no idea where the screws go?

Any ideas

Attachments

• D82EBD9B-FE5E-4883-B272-8D4F1A7CECB8.jpeg
    D82EBD9B-FE5E-4883-B272-8D4F1A7CECB8.jpeg
    817.4 KB · Views: 150

Teknalogique

Jan 26, 2020
Hi everyone,

Tried searching for this but could not find a thread with photos active.

I have a 6j Ibiza FR with the newer head unit. I am trying to install a double din, I have all the wiring working including steering wheel controls and hazard relocation.

I just can’t work out how the radio mounts. I have this kit, CT23ST25 Soft Touch Double Din
It’s a cageless side mount but no idea where the screws go?

Any ideas
@Jriekoe

Which double DIN unit do you have?

The two metal panels you have there will attach to your head unit and you'll screw them into the side of that.
What you SHOULD then be able to do is slot the whole unit into place, and the small metal tags that poke out of sides of the metal panels should side along and keep the unit in place quite nicely.

However.... As I, and I'm sure many others will be able to tell you, this is very rarely the case and these are a massive PITA to install. You're also almost definitely going to need to cut away some of the plastic at the bottom to fit the unit in.

Not what you want to hear I know, but stick with it, it's worth it.

Jun 19, 2021
Thank for the reply, I had another fitting kit with a cage and did some cutting to make that fit. Agreed PITA but came out well.

Teknalogique

Jan 26, 2020
Glad to hear you got it sorted -
This is how mine looked just after I did it.=, and I was more than happy with it.