2015 Leon ... No heat in Cab - Dealer / SEAT issues

osborne19

Apr 21, 2014
Northern Ireland
Hi guys,

2015 Leon
No Heat at all in cab, could have it up full blast and up full heat and no heat coming out of the vents

Antifreeze/coolant Replaced, drained and flushed.

Now getting slight heat in cab, comes and goes, but not roasting hot heat as it always had ...

Matrix heater is scalding hot to touch.

Temps are sitting at 90, as they should be.

Any ideas ?

Went to SEAT (Local) for diagnostics 9th March .... Over a month now ....

So up to now ...

1st week in dealers - coolant bottle and flush, new coolant (Pink)...
Got it back, Still no heat ...

2nd week in dealers - Heater matrix replaced supposedly, and new coolant ( Very brownish colour ) so doubt they done any work ...
Got it back, Still no heat.... Noticed the bottle doesn't pressurize now and you can hold your finger in it.

3rd week in dealers - left it back in, got the head servicing guy to sit in the car with me and told them i didn't want it back until it was fixed, he felt there was no heat ... and wasnt good enough ...

So this week, phone call from the Local dealer where it is, they are pumping a ADATIVE through it to clear it out .... DIDNT work ..

Now being told, they are taking off the EGR Valve as it has a coolant system on it aswell...

Where does it end !!!!

They say they can only do what SEAT advise, if so its very bad customer relations on SEATs part.

Didn't expect this at all for a Warranty job. Lost all heart for the car, it only being a 3 year old car and me only having it 10 Months

Have expressed my feelings and thoughts to SEAT when they phoned....

Seems like these ones dont have a clue ...

Any one else had bother like this and what was the out come ??

Going to be asking for compensation at this rate, seriously not on ........

Last edited:

100andthirty

Mar 19, 2004
Surely, if the heater matrix is "scalding hot", the cooling system is working properly and the dealer ought to be looking elsewhere. It sounds to me that something is not right with the heater fan or baffles the control where the air flows. Also could the pollen filter be blocked; check by selecting recirculation mode?

dannyhull

Sep 12, 2016
is it a 1.6tdi by any chance? Mine was the same just after warranty run out, i think silica bag split and blocked matrix, so flushed out matrix and was alot better but not perfect. then about 6 months later its done the same, so saving some pennies for a new heater matrix and gonna have ago myself. other people who have had this problem have had radiator problems (inside of the radiator breaking up and blocking the matrix) has a new thermostat been fitted?

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
is it a 1.6tdi by any chance? Mine was the same just after warranty run out, i think silica bag split and blocked matrix, so flushed out matrix and was alot better but not perfect. then about 6 months later its done the same, so saving some pennies for a new heater matrix and gonna have ago myself. other people who have had this problem have had radiator problems (inside of the radiator breaking up and blocking the matrix) has a new thermostat been fitted?

I had this problem with my 2014 1.6 TDI, was a right PITA, spent £250 on new coolant tank and to have the system flushed, didn’t cure it. They then said the matrix was blocked, had that replaced at a cost of £450 and still no heat in the car!

They then got it working but only on the passenger side, they said one of the flaps inside the heater controls had got stuck on cold on the drivers side.

Only was to fix it they said is take dashboard out, replace the heater control unit (£400) and put dashboard back, total cost of £1000+.

Needless to say I part exchanged the car and got a 2017 FR!