2016 FR. Will it have adaptive cruise?

davidif

Dec 17, 2006
Worcestershire
As per title I’ve just bought a 2016/66 (registered end of Nov 16) FR 184 TDI and pick it up Thursday.

It’s got a couple of nice extras pan roof, black pack (roof,mirrors and wheels) and I am wondering as to whether it will have adaptive cruise control. Can anyone help?

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Mine with standard just has the cruise on the indicator stalk, didnt think there was a different version

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
So do you mean that the adaptive cruise control has TWO stalks beneath the indicator stalk?

There will be one extra stalk under the indicator stalk on the l/h side (if a rhd car) if the car has ACC.

Like this
32f692a0150c856deec0557122c97801.jpg

Last edited:

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
My car has that extra stalk but it doesn't seem to slow down or 'adapt' to other cars infront of me
Mine too.

My curiosity was piqued over this so I checked the user manual (when all else fails, read the instructions :thumbup:). Its a little vague but page 40 suggests that passive cruise control can either come with a third stalk (as in your picture) or controls on the indicator stalk.

ACC (pages 187-194) says that this system always comes with a third stalk. As @'Little' John says, the difference is that there is an additional distance control switch on top of the stalk with ACC.

Checked my car and it definitely has no radar so its not active (as was starting to think there was something I hadn't discovered for a minute).

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Would the easiest way to check to be to see if it has the radar in the front bumper? As far as I am aware there is no generic front bumper (for that year anyway) so if it has it there should be the radar cutout in the bumper

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Would the easiest way to check to be to see if it has the radar in the front bumper? As far as I am aware there is no generic front bumper (for that year anyway) so if it has it there should be the radar cutout in the bumper
When did they start fitting AEB? That would have the radar on the front bumper even if you didn't have ACC wouldn't it?

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
When did they start fitting AEB? That would have the radar on the front bumper even if you didn't have ACC wouldn't it?

2017 with the facelift.

Any pre facelift with a radar defo has adaptive cruise control.

All the facelifted cars have a radar. So tbe extra stalk is the tell.

Anyone know if lane assist uses the additional stalk?