2017 Rear bumper black plastic insert

Callum Roberts

Jan 4, 2019
I was unfortunately hit in the rear today but the only damage done was to the black insert on the rear bumper.

I know it's removable but can't seem to find any replacements for sale.

Would anyone be able to provide any information regarding this or even a part number to make it easier to search for.

5f FR 67 plate

Any help would be appreciated

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I think these would be what you're looking for:

5F0807487B 9B9 (Hatch)
5F9807487B 9B9 (ST)

The 9B9 part is the colour code.

If you call up your local TPS and give your reg, they can confirm which part you need. I think you can expect to pay up to about £50 for it.

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

Callum Roberts

Jan 4, 2019

5F0807487B 9B9 (Hatch)
5F9807487B 9B9 (ST)

If you call up your local TPS and give your reg, they can confirm which part you need. I think you can expect to pay up to about £50 for it.

Thanks for the help! Really appreciate it.

Jun 15, 2020

5F0807487B 9B9 (Hatch)
5F9807487B 9B9 (ST)

I wondering if I can replace this part without disassembling rear bumper.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I wondering if I can replace this part without disassembling rear bumper.

I assume that you mean removing the back bumper cover?

Nothing is impossible, but far easier and quicker to remove the bumper cover and release each of the plastic tabs from the inside of the painted bumper cover - sometimes it’s easier to bend/flex the painted bumper cover in order to free the trim/tabs.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/leon-mk3-official-seat-workshop-manuals-link.442353/

Use the link above:

You need to look in the ‘General Body Repairs - Exterior’ document, Section 63 - Bumpers, and there are instructions for how to remove the rear bumper cover (including disconnection of the parking sensors, number plate lights electrics and parking camera). Further on shows you how to remove the plastic trim inserts/diffuser.

Reactions: paddy6789
Jun 15, 2020
Thanks for sharing manual. I just want to mount license plate using rivets. I'd like to put a pad from inside however there is no space to do so. Thats why i was thinking about removimg this cover. In the manual it seems that I need to remove bumper first.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Thanks for sharing manual. I just want to mount license plate using rivets. I'd like to put a pad from inside however there is no space to do so. Thats why i was thinking about removimg this cover. In the manual it seems that I need to remove bumper first.
I tried to do similar when fixing plate holders to rear bumper - the position of the two plate mounting holes is directly over the top of the metal bumper structure (on the ST), so I ended up mounting plates with tape. Also, with the plate covers in place, it obscured the view from the rear camera.

shlobber

Mar 23, 2018
i changed mine a while back.you definately do have to remove the rear bumper.(not to hard).