2020 CUPRA ST R Springs and spacers questions

Fer16v

Feb 2, 2020
Spain
Hi up, guys.

Someone upgraded this same model suspension? I looked on VW Racing Springs to low and stiff the car a bit, about -15mm, because i feel some unwanted moves on certain turns. Some experiences or advices? Apart from improving the suspension, i'd like to wide a bit, so i'm thinking on 8-10mm round spacers and wonder if there will be room enough or if it's going to rub because of the special camber...

Regards!!!

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Had H&R springs on mine, but was to low for my roads. If you have stock wheels you can use spacers in that size. Also depends if you have Cup2 tires

Fer16v

Feb 2, 2020
Spain
Had H&R springs on mine, but was to low for my roads. If you have stock wheels you can use spacers in that size. Also depends if you have Cup2 tires

Kernel, yours is R model? Yes, i run on S.Cup 2's with stock ET45 rims. Some differences with other tires? I heard that from H&R. They won't work in our R versions. Too low especially at the rear...

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Yes I have a R ST. Had H&R on the car for 20000km without any problems at all, just to low in the front for the roads where I live, spec during winter. Cup2 have very straight sidewalls so they are more likely to rub compared to a regular tire like PS4S. But if you are on stock tires you should be fine

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
On my Carbon Edition I run similar setup camber wise to the R ST (-2.5 front and -2.0 rear) and lowered on Eibach Sportline. 8mm spacers front and 10mm spacers is the maximum before rubbing on mine. But as you already have ET45, for you you’d be looking at 3mm front and 5mm rear really.

Fer16v

Feb 2, 2020
Spain
On my Carbon Edition I run similar setup camber wise to the R ST (-2.5 front and -2.0 rear) and lowered on Eibach Sportline. 8mm spacers front and 10mm spacers is the maximum before rubbing on mine. But as you already have ET45, for you you’d be looking at 3mm front and 5mm rear really.

Wow. What a minimum front room!!! I want to try ET40 Cupra R310 rims. Think they won't rub in the front. So as i read from you, better to forget spacers...

What about your springs? Some pics?

Regards!!!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Wow. What a minimum front room!!! I want to try ET40 Cupra R310 rims. Think they won't rub in the front. So as i read from you, better to forget spacers...

What about your springs? Some pics?

Regards!!!
I’m lowered though, so you may get away with more.

However, assuming you’re running some decent Michelin’s, due to how square their tyres are unless you get a wider rim Like 8.5”, and stretch the 235 tyre a little more it’ll rub if you’re lowering it.

Fer16v

Feb 2, 2020
Spain
Yesterday i talked to a friend of mine with the same car. He's lowered on VW Racing (-20mm) and runs 8mm H&R spacers all around with no issues. Car looks amazing. Think i'll try same set up.

Regards.

Reactions: Damo H

gamer555

Dec 6, 2008
Brussels
interesting to find out that Cupra R ST works with 8mm spacers and drop. that would be equivalent of ET45-8=ET37, nice. do you have pictures?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.