290 lux Creaky Seat.

Gavin290

Jun 18, 2015
Hi all, I've got a 2020 Cupra 290 Lux with the bucket seats. I've got a really annoying creaking driver seat.

I've only found one thread on here for it but there was no fix or solution.

Spoke to the dealer and they didn't seem to care and said "it's not something they've ever heard of" so chances are they'll not resolve the issue anyway.

Does anyone know a fix for this or what causes the creak??

Thanks in advance.

jdubya

May 30, 2017
South West
Hi GavinFR - I know just how annoying a creaky Seat is - when I got my Cupra 300 (with the bucket seats) the drivers seat creaked like hell - after much searching eventually I traced it to the Seat belt buckle rubbing the “mock leather” on the inner squab above the felt that is on the buckle assembly when the belt is locked in and tight. Give the buckle bracket a minor tweak where it fixes to the Seat frame to move it away from the squab but not enough to come into contact with the centre console and hopefully this should stop the creak 👍 Good luck 🤞💪

Reactions: Gavin290

Gavin290

Jun 18, 2015
Hi GavinFR - I know just how annoying a creaky Seat is - when I got my Cupra 300 (with the bucket seats) the drivers seat creaked like hell - after much searching eventually I traced it to the Seat belt buckle rubbing the “mock leather” on the inner squab above the felt that is on the buckle assembly when the belt is locked in and tight. Give the buckle bracket a minor tweak where it fixes to the Seat frame to move it away from the squab but not enough to come into contact with the centre console and hopefully this should stop the creak 👍 Good luck 🤞💪
Hi mate and thanks for the reply! The seat belt buckle was making a slight noise but I had this in my last leon so figured that one out pretty quickly. This one is definitely the seat :(.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Hi mate and thanks for the reply! The seat belt buckle was making a slight noise but I had this in my last leon so figured that one out pretty quickly. This one is definitely the seat :(.
It comes from the back of the seat where the plastic surround meets the fabric , try making the noise yourself by moving it and put some felt between the contact spots.

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
My driver bucket creaks too.
Haven't worked out what it is, so I'll try that plastic surround area.

I was thinking a hinge or something.

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
I had something similar on my previous car and ended up greasing the runners which were pretty dry. This solved the creak in my case so could be worth a try.
Hope you get it solved.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.