30v V6 into an ibiza

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
I was debating with my dad.. He has the A6 with a 2.8 30v V6... Its an auto.. Would this engine fit into my ibiza... Especially with the Auto box.. Its not the quattro either, its just FWD.. Can pick these up too cheap, and it would be ridiculous quick in a small car!! Im not 100% going to do it, im just curious to be honest.. What do you guys think?

Mar 19, 2010
derbyshire
all you will be doing is putting a big heavy engine upfront which on the great scale of things doesn't make alot of power unless you spend some serious money either supercharging or turboing it, yes they sound great but my mates have stripped out mk2 golfs with ported and cammed vr6's in running 215-225bhp and my stage 2 k03 ibiza beats them at pod by 0.4 so it's alot of work for a slower car, yes it would sound awesome but put your money towards a big turbo 1.8t build :)

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
Ibizas are terrible for understeer with a 20vt in them, imagine how bad a 30v V6 would make an Ibiza.

Save your money and buy something designed for decent amounts of power and preferably has the correct pair of wheels driven. (Hint: That's not the front pair)

I've got 206bhp and 308ft/lb of torque as standard. Just a simple remap will give me 260bhp and 412ft/lb of torque. Oh and I get 50mpg at 80mph. :whistle:

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
Yup, full service! sump off new oil strainer! Maybe even new pump, or least clean out the carbonised oil from the old one! n just cause its out change all exhaust studs etc and clean and paint the block. Keep it looking good for a long time!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
May 2, 2006
How much would a 20vt conversion be? :p

i have a AYP block sat on a pallet in my garage with 67k on it :)

Seriously though, better buying a complete doner car, stripping it down and putting it in yours, transfer the ecu, loom, engine, dash, pretty much everything :thumbup:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.