3rd year service on 1.4 TSI (125BHP)

Pricey_Jnr

Jun 28, 2016
Hello all, I'm trying to find out what service parts are due to be replaced on my 17' Leon which is 3 years old this month and on 29k.
I don't bother with the long life stuff as I like changing the oil + filter every year.
I've had a browse through the manual but I can't find any information on what needs changing at what time.

I'm after information on intervals for:
Coolant
Air filter
Pollen filter
Fuel filter (petrol)
Brake fluid
Spark plugs
And if any one can tell me when the timing belt is due to be replaced, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Hello all, I'm trying to find out what service parts are due to be replaced on my 17' Leon which is 3 years old this month and on 29k.
I don't bother with the long life stuff as I like changing the oil + filter every year.
I've had a browse through the manual but I can't find any information on what needs changing at what time.

Coolant
Air filter
Pollen filter
Fuel filter (petrol)
Brake fluid
Spark plugs
And if any one can tell me when the timing belt is due to be replaced, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!
Seat's website lists items which should be checked/changed at each service:

I believe brake fluid is due at 3 years old.
Cambelt change is due at 5 years, unless you're on much higher mileage.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland

Coolant - no replacement period offered!
Air filter - replace at 4 years with your mileage
Pollen filter - every 2 years - maybe look out for a Mann Precious version, more effective.
Fuel filter (petrol) - no change period, only replace is you suspect it is choked
Brake fluid - at 3 years, then every 2 years
Spark plugs - at 4 years with your mileage
And if any one can tell me when the timing belt is due to be replaced, that would be great - replace when showing signs of wear, though I'll probably change my wife's Polo one at 7 or 8 years with a similar annual mileage to you

Thanks in advance!

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Not sure how up to date this is or whether it's relevant but I used it as a guide to know the difference between an oil service and inspection service.

Attachments

• VAG Service Schedule.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 200