Darlington
I've got a 2005 1M LCR 225

Drilled airbox
Forge 007p
Forge TIP
3inch downpipe/decat non res
N249 bypass

Getting mapped by Big fish this weekend

Now .. I've been advised by John to get a 4Bar FPR (which I have done, but not yet fitted)

I've also been told by a couple of other people that it puts unneccesary strain on the fuel pump ...

Can anyone shed any light on this ... I trust John as he has been tuning these cars for quite some time I imagine .. But just wondered if anyone else has encountered any issues

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Your local to me, i'm originally from Darlo but moved to Aycliffe. I would go with the mappers advice, John's seems to have a good reputation over on Vagcars.

A 4 bar FPR seems to be a very common mod on remapped cars, as for putting more strain on the fuel pump yes it will - but it should be fine, if it isn't then it's probably a dying pump anyhow.

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
Thanks for the reply mate ..

I'm just gunna stick it on when I get there, can get a walbro fuel pump for around £80 so not overly fussed tbh

beastgtir

Dec 26, 2012
I don't think mines running an aftermarket FPR..
i'm on a stage 2 -- i've not heard anyone else on here either only larger injectors??

Last edited:

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
You do not need a 4 bar fpr for the power your after!

Not required in the slightest

Last edited by a moderator:

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
The only people that say fit one revo..... Ive got one for my ibiza and a fuel pump to go with it lol but dont think ill bother to fit it. If the leon can go 270bhp on its standard fpr then doesnt seem any point.

beastgtir

Dec 26, 2012
its not been mentioned by any of the tuners when my pal was looking for a stage 1 remap a while back...

i think badger is the best man for this question.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Ah dont know why but i assumed you had a cupra! Not the r! I am unsure about the R! Best people to phone for advice would be r.t.e.c.h they will keep you right

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
so much misinformation here>>> ffs

REVO DONT say 4bar for K04 LCR type cars... only stage 2 K03x cars they tuned for 4bar

NOT every tuner will want or need 4bar fpr.

It does indeed load a std pump more, and if the std pump is old and tired, do you want to ask it to deliver another bar of fuel pressure? No right or wrong, just a cautionary information to ponder on.

Stock 386cc K04 injectord will max duty cycle at around 280-285bhp region on realistic dyno. Logging 002 in vagcom will show you the injector pulse and rpm from which duty cycle can be calculated..

Adding a 4bar, presuming the pumps going to support it, will add approx 15% more fuel duty...

go with what the tuner of choice advises... he's got to map in the fuel scale.

Its not necessary 'most' of the time in my experience.

Last edited:

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
so much misinformation here>>> ffs

REVO DONT say 4bar for K04 LCR type cars... only stage 2 K03x cars they tuned for 4bar

NOT every tuner will want or need 4bar fpr.

It does indeed load a std pump more, and if the std pump is old and tired, do you want to ask it to deliver another bar of fuel pressure? No right or wrong, just a cautionary information to ponder on.

Stock 386cc K04 injectord will max duty cycle at around 280-285bhp region on realistic dyno. Logging 002 in vagcom will show you the injector pulse and rpm from which duty cycle can be calculated..

Adding a 4bar, presuming the pumps going to support it, will add approx 15% more fuel duty...

go with what the tuner of choice advises... he's got to map in the fuel scale.

Its not necessary 'most' of the time in my experience.

Good bit of information there mate thank you, happy with that advice.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.