59 Altea rear offside door won't lock

DICKSY

Nov 25, 2004
Chaps,
my dad has a 59 plate Altea Stylance. He has just discovered that when locking the door with the fob the rear offside door is not locking.
Any thoughts? Thank you :)

maciek.snow

Mar 21, 2016
Poland, Krakow
Its a common altea issue. No need to replace the locks, the thing is that you have 2 motors in the locker housing, one is responsible for opening nad the other for closing. The cure is to adjust the motor pins so that they have good contact. If you don't have 2 left arms ( a saying in Poland ) you can easily fix this - the worst thing is to open the lock housing. cured 3 locks in my altea this way, it was 3-2 years since, and they work fine :)

Sep 4, 2020
The drill+WD40 method worked miracles on my 06 Altea.

Intermittently it wasn’t opening from the outside using the fob and the problem kept wandering. Last time it the front right and the rear left door acting up. Took the front right door panel off, the old WD40 took it’s time to work. After about 15 minutes the door worked fine, even the rear left one without touching it! We had to put the champagne back on ice, because now the front right wouldn’t open from the outside. With a moderate amount of bitterness I’ve decided to call it a day. This morning all doors work fine and open from the outside, and hopefully it will stay this way. Onwards and upwards on the snag list.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members