69 Plate (December 2019) Leon Cupra - Good Price?

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Are you limiting your search to south east? I did national search and there are models in that price range.
The previous Leon I bought was from a London main dealer and I live in North East. I got the car transported up here and test drive before agreeing to purchase. And it was much cheaper than anything in this area.

I forgot to mention that my Leon 4 drive is a lux (albeit it's on a late 19 plate rather than 69). Based on the 10k discount I got through a broker - but delivered through a local dealer, That's why I felt your original quoted price was too high.

edit. While you might not be able to find models at that price - and to be fair people were commenting on your original post which you have now reduced by 1k- you seem to be comparing against the list price on autotrader. Remember more discounts could be available.

I don’t know what is included in your deal. But if you can’t get more money off see if the dealer can throw in some free stuff. Maybe free first service full tank of petrol and so on.

Last edited:

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Well if you mean that you can link me to an ad for a 2019 (69) non-Lux Cupra Hatch with circa 4k miles on it for less than £20.5k, please go ahead.
Your original post was asking about whether £23,800 was a good price - now changed to £22800.
I'd still say no - when I had a look there was at least one car around the £21k mark (so potentially negotiable to 20.5k).
Looking on Autotrader today, I don't see any cars quite that low price. However, there are 3 or more from main SEAT dealers by the look of it up for less than £22k which meet your spec.
Not quite at the sub 21 mark but certainly 1k less than your £22800 looks eminently achievable.

Reactions: Loadmaster748

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Yes there are a couple there Graham - I think that some adjustment in price downwards has happened in the last day or so. The one in Essex is near-ish, but it's in white which I don't want and the ones "oop North" are too far away.

By the way, it was my error initially putting £23,800 when I meant to put £22,800. Too many numbers going around in my head. :rolleyes:

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
There are sub £22k cars with 10k miles (which is still average/below average mileage for the year).

As has been explained, the second hand market prices are inflated at the moment, so dealers are trying to make the same (best possible?) margin on fewer car sales.

Most of the comments are being made because you are looking at a car which you could have bought brand new for a similar price (or less) to that you are willing to pay at a year old. Compounded to this, the Seats are not the best for retaining their residual value long term - once the new Cupra Leons arrive (non-hybrid 300ps versions), and normality resumes in the car market there is the potential for a big hit in depreciation.

Last edited:
Reactions: seatgraham

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Yes there are a couple there Graham - I think that some adjustment in price downwards has happened in the last day or so. The one in Essex is near-ish, but it's in white which I don't want and the ones "oop North" are too far away.

By the way, it was my error initially putting £23,800 when I meant to put £22,800. Too many numbers going around in my head. :rolleyes:
Some dealerships offer nationwide delivery. As I mentioned above, I bought a car advertised at a dealership in London a couple of years ago - about 300 miles away from me and a long return journey if I decided not to buy. But dealership happy to send to local dealer and bought from there. Still much cheaper than anything 'oop North'.
I still think there is still a little wriggle room on your £22800, given the advertised prices of those other Cupras are less than £22k before any negotiation.

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016

Probably could get these down to around £21.5k, I know you said not up north but sure these guys will be able to deliver to a branch closer to you.

Edit- looks like Seatgraham may have already posted these.

Last edited:

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Some dealerships offer nationwide delivery. As I mentioned above, I bought a car advertised at a dealership in London a couple of years ago - about 300 miles away from me and a long return journey if I decided not to buy. But dealership happy to send to local dealer and bought from there. Still much cheaper than anything 'oop North'.
I still think there is still a little wriggle room on your £22800, given the advertised prices of those other Cupras are less than £22k before any negotiation.
I think they've wriggled all they can! :D

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK

Probably could get these down to around £21.5k, I know you said not up north but sure these guys will be able to deliver to a branch closer to you.

Edit- looks like Seatgraham may have already posted these.
Don't want white, black or silver unfortunately. Mag grey has always looked the best (in my opinion).

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Cannot believe these 2nd hand prices now. To think in 2019 the Lux version cost between £21-22k brand new when all the lease deals were low. I bought my Lux back in March 2019 for £22k OTR, brand new factory order. So going by this thread it's not depreciated at all! Nice.

Reactions: seatgraham

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Cannot believe these 2nd hand prices now. To think in 2019 the Lux version cost between £21-22k brand new when all the lease deals were low. I bought my Lux back in March 2019 for £22k OTR, brand new factory order. So going by this thread it's not depreciated at all! Nice.
Exactly! According to Autotrader list prices, my Lux ST 4drive is worth more than when I bought it in 2019. And people always say invest in property because cars generally depreciate. The one I saw on Autotrader is more than 1k more than I paid, and mine has some options too!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirky

Deleted member 121768

Again, link one to me. The only overpricing I've seen is by Letchworth SEAT, noticeably higher than most equivalents.

£22,800 is the best I can get in the southeast, for the colour, age and mileage that I want.
Hey!
Please may I ask which car you are referring to? We price our cars well due to the high level preparation our cars go through.
Always happy to negotiate and do a deal ?

Reactions: Loadmaster748

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Update: Out with the 2019(69) plate and in with a 4k mile, 2020/(20)! Negotiations should bring it down to £23k, or just under.

This morning there was nothing for less that amount for an equivalent example on A/T. I'm happy with that. And it's local, not 200 miles oop North like a lot of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: JsyCuPrA