ABS Problem

n31l

May 18, 2010
howdy, got a problem with my ABS, for some reason the dash light stays on, but when i pull away, after about 30ft, it turns off, and then ill be driving along, and the gas pedle will shake like the abs is kicking in and the light will come back on, then for the next few times i start the car it will stay on. also sometimes it will come on without any warning.

have had it on diagnostics and it says intermittant reading from front passenger wheel, have changed the sensor (twice) and it still happens.

its got its MOT soon and i know this is an auto fail so want it to go away and leave me along so i can keep the car, but if not, its gonna have to go :( boo!

any help would be Very Much appreciated!

cheers
Reidy!

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Firstly is everything good brakes wise, secure and correct thicknesses with no runout or bent guides/slide pins.

If the diagnostics is identifying a specific wheel sensor then it could be a connectivity problem with the sensor to the ecu. Check or get someone to check the continuity of the loom for that circuit.

n31l

May 18, 2010
haha, its been in the garage this week, and the mechanic has said that it is the loom, i have no idea how much its gonna cost which is a pain in the arse. thanks for the reply! fingers crossed it wont be too much as i go away this month :(

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
If they have a manual with circuit descriptions and pin numbers then it's a case of running a fresh bit of cable from the ecu down to the wheel sensor and splicing it or connecting it to the wheel speed/position sensor wiring close to where the plug is. There's an autoelectric place near me that would probably charge about £50 for that work. Hope you don't get too big a shock when you go to pay for it.:)

n31l

May 18, 2010
hey thanks for the advice, turns out that it was the ABS pump circuit board, so its gonna be costly to get it fixed! although, he has turned off the abs for now and hooked the light up to the oil pump so that it passed the MOT! but shh, i dont know how much an ABS for the cordy would cost but he said it would be quite expencive! unless there is anyone breaking their cordy that anyone knows of who is selling one?

thanks for the help, cost me £130 in the end inc. MOT so not so bad, its a lot better than what i spent on it already! HA!

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
ABS is overrated anyway. Actually that's not true, I fairly noticed the difference when going from old school to abs.

Try bba reman I think it is for reconditioned systems. If that's not the right spelling then google should get you a bit closer to what it is.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.