ABS Pump Dead

Mar 14, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am hoping you can help in a bid to save myself £400+. Firstly it's not that I dont want to spend that amount of money but with over 125,000 miles on the clock I feel it's more than what the car is worth.

Basically my ABS pump died all out of the blue, although the mechanical side is working fine obviously I'd lock up if I slammed the anchors on.

I have bought (and waiting for) a VAG cable and software for my laptop and hoping that it will be able to scan the ECU for the fault codes and be able to reset it if I can change the pump on my todd.

Quick question as the haynes manual doesnt say, but do I assume correctly that I will need to drain the entire braking system and then refil and bleed air out of the lines by pumping the brakes 1-by-1?

Any tips would help imensly - I trust my garage but simply can't afford the costs they telling me and being a very competant engineer and mechanically minded I'm confident I can do if I have a guide

AlR

Dec 10, 2016
Is your ABS pump dead or is it the fuse? The fuse here is a strap fuse on top of the battery. It may look intact at first glance. Use a mulimeter & look very closely you may see a hairline fracture. These fuses do seem to "age harden" and then crack - not melt as you'd expect of a fuse. hopefully it might be a cheap fix.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.