abs/tc/red caution light *URGENT ANSWER PLS*

peter206turbo

Brake fluid leval is fine :D

Brakes seem to work ok, but the abs is'nt, and it seems like traction control is on all the time as i cant spin the wheels however hard i try, even in 1st in the rain

and the engine is running fine, not rough at all

andycupra

status subject to change
mmm... even with traction control on you can spin a bit, just not much...

but it does sound like ABS to me. given its not working...
also if the ABS aint working id expect the traction control may not work too as i think it uses ABS sensor information?

get it back to garage asap.

peter206turbo

It has traction control (well the button for it is marked TCS so i presume i do)

Its wont let me turn it on or off either :(

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
maf maf maf maf maf

maf
ive got a very similar problem at the moment. traction control wont work/switch but abs does. maf is on order from dealer under warranty. the only difference is mine has the cel and tcs lights on, not flashing tho.

peter206turbo

BlackFR said:
Did you scan it with VAG-COM?

Not as yet, its going back to Vauxhall 2moro (the dealer i bought it from), who have it booked in at seat, so shud hopefully be fixed 2moro :D

peter206turbo

Well i heard back yesterday that Seat have decided the the ECU is the fault, and it needs to be replaced, however there on back order, and i wont have the car back for 6-8 weeks, needless to say i've demanded a refund, and been and bought a clio 172 :D :D

So a VERY brief cupra ownership, and i wont be looking at another VAG car in the near future atleast :censored:

peter206turbo

Madmile said:
I would have waited the 6-8 weeks.

No way i was waiting 6-8 weeks, when they wont provide a courtesy car because im not 21, and i need the car daily for work etc etc

plus when i saw this i had to buy it :drool:

VRenClio172sil.jpg

peter206turbo

Well hope not to scare you, but it turned out my Leon had a fried/faultly ECU, which was EXPENSIVE for the garage to fix

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.