Abs traction tyre pressure lights on after tyre change

Sep 19, 2020
Birmingham
Hi guys any advice had my two front tyres changed other day and now abs traction n tyre pressure light coming in tried resetting it by takin battery off etc but no idea why this wud happen neone else had this problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Have you tried resetting the pressure system by holding down the tyre pressure reset button on the centre console until you hear a chime?

Reactions: Dbonjela
Sep 19, 2020
Birmingham
Hi tried that no luck got plugged in said rear abs sensor so changed that reset battery and now all three lights back on with steering wheel light all orange tried the reset ( steering wheel to left right etc drive straight line nothing work any advice

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
How old is the battery?

My old Ibiza did some frustrating stuff with ABS and steering wheel error messages when the battery was on it's last legs, fresh battery and everything was magically fixed.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
You have had the front 2 tyres changed, I would check the sensors there. Was the light on when you picked it up?

Certainly you would need to reset the tyre pressure sensor as the tyre diameter will have changed and it is measured by wheel rotations.

The sensor obviously affects traction control , ABS and Tyre pressure indication so its extremely likely to be that.

I would disconnect the wiring to each sensor and fault check it as you do so.

Also you should check the cabling to them.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.