Access to climatronic motors

bukkake_face

Jan 11, 2013
I have a few errors related to climatronic:
00710 (2C6) — Defroster Flap Positioning Motor (V107)
01274 (4FA) — Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71)
01271 (4F7) — Positioning Motor for Temperature Flap (V68)
01272 (4F8) — Positioning Motor for Central Flap (V70)
01273 (4F9) — Fresh Air Blower V2 with Fresh Air Blower Control Module J126

Is there any guide on how to get to the climatronic motors residing inside the dashboard?
What I have disassembled:
- the central console (i.imgur.com/vmHJrnu.jpg). I found there nothing related to climatronic, there was just a plastic box.
- glove compartment, but I couldn't even take the door away as the whole construction is super rigid as the globe compartment is stamped with the top dashboard i.imgur.com/z3Xl0QW.jpg.

Thanks for any info.

bukkake_face

Jan 11, 2013
In case someone has the same errors or your climatronic suddenly stops working and then after sometime starts working again I solved all of these issues by changing the blower motor. I learned it the hard way when the blower motor had died on me during winter so I had to fix it urgently no matter what :)
I bought the fan 6Q1820015E and the resistance pack 6Q1907521 and after I installed them I did some climatronic adaptation on the climatronic itself, so no need to use any software and then all was okay and still is *fingerscrossed*

Some observations:
* If you want to do the same then you have to work in the glove compartment and there is no need to remove the dashboard although there are some tricky pieces, but overall it's not very complicated, just be patient and pay attention to what you do and just in case memorize/take photos of the pieces you remove.
* Some people advised me to change the resistance pack with the blower motor as it can die suddenly because of the wear out.
* As far as I remember in order to reach the resistance pack you will have to remove the blower fan first.
* Don't spare money on the parts I mentioned as you don't want to change them again in your life and I regretted I had bought the 35£ blower motor which looked very similar to the original, but was a shoddy part after all. During installation it wouldn't fit in the slot properly and it was very difficult to tighten the screws and I had to cut out some plastic from it to make it fit *facepalm*. Then after a year it started whistling on some speeds which is very annoying and I just have to deal with it forever.

Here are some photos of the process

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.