Accident Damage

Distant Sun

Contains mild peril
Sep 9, 2005
Belfast
Unlucky. They must have been going at some speed.
Could be the perfect opportunity to fit an FR bumper, if you like that sort of thing;)

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
That first picture is about 2 pixels wide !!!

Not very nice as that could be my car being identical. What was the Corsa drivers excuse as they can't exactly say I didn't see you can they.

Tell

Staff member
Well something happened similar to me in my parked ZX [the old car]. I was watching the TV at home and heard this loud bang, wheel spin and a fast car get away. My car was shunted up the curb lights flashing, horn going and back end out in the road [I always park with the wheels not turned out now so it goes backwards or forwards if hit]. The women's car next door had been shunted, that shunted the front of mine. Smashed it in, like that in the picture. Radiator bent all lights gone, new bumper... £1,700 and the women's car that had shunted me, some stately old British rover or other, not a dent where it had hit mine.

Unfortunately they are designed to crumple now for pedestrians, so I can believe that a little knock could cause that ;)... For me no witnesses since the guy sped off. The women thought it was her ex b/f who shunted her. Nice.

RJS

I have got some pics of my Altea vs a Badger i was doing a ton ten.

gadgetmaster

Nov 22, 2001
Sandy,Bedfordshire
Visit site
[:@] I am still waiting on parts for the Altea it has now been 4 weeks and counting.
The parts they said they can't get is

1 Headlamps
2 Radiator pipe
3 some panel not sure what

I can't believe it takes this long too get parts these days for cars espaciaclly Headlamps. what is the hold up are the Spanish not making spares for the cars or what?

MSV User

gadgetmaster said:
[:@] I am still waiting on parts for the Altea it has now been 4 weeks and counting.
The parts they said they can't get is

1 Headlamps
2 Radiator pipe
3 some panel not sure what

I can't believe it takes this long too get parts these days for cars espaciaclly Headlamps. what is the hold up are the Spanish not making spares for the cars or what?

VAG group are notoriously bad for parts! It took 6 months for SEAT to deliver an internal door panel for my V5. There apology took the form of 4 full leather ones.

Ade

ALTEA DUDE

2.0 TDi Sport
Sep 14, 2005
Are the headlamps not the same as the new LEON? Maybe thats why they are out of stock.

Not good enough all the same, considering what gets charged for spares, they should make more of an effort to produce them!

gadgetmaster

Nov 22, 2001
Sandy,Bedfordshire
Visit site
Still no car 5 weeks later the garage said too me now that they four wheel aligned it and found to be 1/2 degree out in the offside front,so they have to fit a new strut to sort it out hopefully.
The new date is Monday i hope if not there will be some words said.:(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.