Adjusting Steering weight with VCDS Ibiza 6J

VeeFource

Dec 5, 2014
I should point out that my post just above was for a 2.0 TDI FR. Now we've got a 1.2 TSI it's actually better on the 41 than the 81 unlike the TDI as it needs less assistance due to the much lighter engine. The 81 setting just feels wierd!

This has got to be one of the best VCDS mods you can do on the Ibiza, it really helps make the car (especially together with a rear arb).

Swanbon

Jun 24, 2017
Glasgow
Resurrecting an old thread, but just done this using obdeleven and the 41 is spot on for my 1.4 act. Was the only thing I wasn't keen on from my Leon, and now it feels so much better. Lost the artificial feeling, definitely worth doing.

Thanks.

Lucero

Dec 6, 2017
my VCDS says I need a security code for this module which I can't find anywhere online. Any ideas?

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
I started experimenting with these settings. 2009 1.4 tsi fr.

Stock setting is 21 which i find the most balanced so far.
20 is like 21 but just slightly heavier on low speeds.

I tried the 81 setting. Loved the feel on higher speed corners but hated It in city driving. Its like its not assisted at all ! (The electric pump is nearly silent. You can clearly hear it with the other settings). I struggle when parking in tight spots and turning at very low speeds. If it was just a bit more assisted in speeds under 15 km/h i would definitely keep this setting !!

Setting 41 was the last one i tried. Too mush assist ! Way lighter than 21. Way too light steering for my liking.

I will try 40 within the next week.

Here is a complete list i found

xxx??: Program Type
10 - Normal (9N: PR L05, L06, L07, L08, L19, L20, L21, L32, L33)
11 - Seat Ibiza (6J)
20 - Polo 9N GTI (PR G12)
21 - Seat Ibiza (6J Fr, Cupra, 6R Gti)
30 - Comfort (Polo 6R Comfortline)
40 - Normal light vehicles (9N: PR L01, L02, L03, L04, L15, L16, L17, L18 )
41 - Skoda Fabia 2 RS
50 - Comfort for light vehicles (Polo 6R Highline)
51 - Audi A1 (8X)
60 - Steering assistance for impaired (PR 1N5)
81 - ??

Last edited:

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Not assisted at all is like when engine is turned off, its more heavy than you think, almost impossible to drive

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
Not assisted at all is like when engine is turned off, its more heavy than you think, almost impossible to drive
Yeah, I know. It was an exaggeration. But still, its hard to drive in the city. At higher speed its very enjoyable.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Yeah, I know. It was an exaggeration. But still, its hard to drive in the city. At higher speed its very enjoyable.
I know, it is frustating, mine has a problem that it is stiffer than normal, it kinda of handicaps the car but Ive been using like this for + 5 years

I spend thousands trying to fix it and then gave up.

Even with audi a1 coding, which is the lighter ive tryed, it is hard.

Usually it is light in the begining of travel and gets stiffer, but it is aleatory, really, sometimes gets lighter later on.

Sep 30, 2021
I know, it is frustating, mine has a problem that it is stiffer than normal, it kinda of handicaps the car but Ive been using like this for + 5 years

I spend thousands trying to fix it and then gave up.

Even with audi a1 coding, which is the lighter ive tryed, it is hard.

Usually it is light in the begining of travel and gets stiffer, but it is aleatory, really, sometimes gets lighter later on.
I think, I have the same problem. I have tried all of codings but there is no difference. When the car is moving I can feel the difference but in stationary all coding is the same even the handicap settings. I think its not normal for me.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.