Advice/info

Neil T

Aug 5, 2020
hey everyone I got my leon FR 1.4 about 2 months ago I'm really enjoying it so far. Im looking at getting a retrofit MIB2 6.5" what are people thoughts on it instead of the 8"?
Also when is the Cam belt due to be changed and how would I know if it's been done as I've been told its an online service book thingy. its a 13 plate and when I got it it had done 38k

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
The prices of the 8" screens have gone mad, therefore the difference between a MIB2 6.5" upgrade and a 8" upgrade is over £300+. In my eyes, the difference isn't worth that. As you're currently used to the 5.8", the upgrade to the 6.5" will feel good enough.

Reactions: Neil T

Neil T

Aug 5, 2020
Hey thank you I was thinking the same about it being £300 more I'm happy with my MIB 1 but the screen starting to go and it's very slow at time and that why I was looking at upgrading to the MIB 2 and getting full link. Thought I would check with others to see if the 300 extra was worth it.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
I was gutted, as when the 8" screens started to appear on Ebay, there was a mint one with the surround/heater vents for £120. I was about to buy it when I read that my MIB2 wasn't on a high enough software version, so I left it. £120 was the average price back then, and now they're £450+. As they are so easy to take out, and are worth this amount of money, it wouldn't surprise me if facelift Leon's are more targeted by thieving scum.

Reactions: Neil T