Aero Wiper Problems

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
Ive recently fitted aero wipers to my car, thing is they make a hell of a noise going accross the screen! How do i get rid of it!

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
are they kangerooing across the screen?what kinda noise.....

did you have to trim the 30mm off the passenger blade? it could be that making the noise as it rubs against the windscreen rubber at the side.........
other than that i cant think of anything else to do with the blades...........

is ya wiper motor making the noise?

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
Yes they are kangarooing across the whole screen, i have not as yet cut the 10mm off the end of them. I have cleaned the screen and they still do it. Its not the motor making the noise, its the noise of the wipers on the screen.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
i assume u have added water to it??? lol

When i did my aero wipers initially it was a bit noisy, but as soon as i squirted loads of water on they were fine, and have been ever since. I still havent cut them down mind, but dont think i will bother - i will just angle the passenger wiper up slightly so it doesnt foul at the bottom.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
only other thing i just thought of - have you put the blades/arms on the correct sides? I put mine on the wrong way to start with.....

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yeh soak the windscreen - but i actually washed the blades themselves before i started using them - hot water and a spunge.
other than that mate not really sure what to suggest.

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
The Blackcountry
Are they the actual aero ones or the Renault sort?

Ive just fitted the Aeros to the front an they're fine - apart form the nearside one being about an inch too long.

Ive canted the arm up a touch to stop it fouling the screen edge but was going to cut it down so it sits lower and causes less drag.

Has anyone managed to get the end cap off yet - cannt see haow it comes off myself.

Was gonna cut the excess off and then silicone the end back on but though I may knacker the blade.

Anyone?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
many people cut the end of the blade off, and then glue back on. However, whats gonna happen when you change the blades? You going to cut the end off again?
I cant be bothered with continually cutting blades down. I couldnt get the end cap off anyway... seemed stuck on solid lol

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
apparently not - it seems it only needs to be angled up slightly, say 1 or 2 splines on the thread.... it just means that the passenger wiper crosses moreso at the top that it would normally - i think ruddmeister on here has his set high instead of cutting it down....
I will give it a go when its a little warmer and my hands dont get so cold so quick :)

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I'm considering these myself, just don't fancy the idea of paying £100+ just to have a better screen wipe.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
£100+???? Where u buying them from? Last time I looked they were around £60ish.

Do what I did anyway, get them off Ebay! Paid about £26 IIRC for the whole lot - then got myself some brand new blades for a tenner.
Cant complain!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.