Air Con Issue

barlowdjb

Mar 20, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent
Hi Guys

when i start my car up the climate contol flashes for about 10 seconds, when i turn econ off which turns the air conditioning on the air blowing out isnt cool. does this mean it needs re-gassing?

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
Most likely. The displaying my car was flashing for months until I topped up the gas with a can from Halford.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
The jury is out on this one. :blink:

A proper service involves all the old gas being pumped out and a lubricant being added before the system is re-pressurised . Its impossible to do this with a home can kit. I think there are also environment issues with allowing the spent gas to vent into the atmosphere, apparently. :whistle:

I think Halfords do a service for around £60 or one of these home visit firms prob cost a little more.

As a guide BMW charged £138 to re gas our mini.

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
thanks for replying how easy is it to do by yourself me ode?

Piece of cake, open bonnet run the engine for 5min connect gauge to the inlet at top front of engine bay and follow the instructions that come with the gas.

Iirc the kit was about 40?. The proper air con service is about 80£. If I hadn't been short on time I woulda went for the full service from the dealer.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.