Air conditioning effectiveness

Aug 19, 2020
What’s everyone’s experience with air con in the Ibiza? Sometimes mine worked well but sometimes it really struggled to get the car cool. Just wondering so I can see if it’s a known issue or if it’s just mine and that I should go and get it checked.

On the same note, what’s everyone’s experience with the heater?

I’ve got the fancy climatronic (I think it’s called) panel, so I wonder if that contributes to it.

cheers!

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
My car has climatronic. Can't say I've had any issues. Keeps the car nice and cool and is more than able to pump out plenty of cold air when getting back to a hot car.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
The manual A/C I had in my Fabia was a bit weedy too. Probably the same system.

Mike Coulter

Jun 13, 2020
United Kingdom
It gets the job done, but unlike any other car I’ve had, I find you have to recirculate it and maybe point it at your face for a bit to get the most out of it.

Normally I just like to leave it on windscreen and feet, level 1-2 and non recirculating.

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
My climatronic system works perfectly. Although living by the coast, I haven’t needed to use it on max & cold for long! Usually leave it on auto & 20.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I’ve just come from a previous generation VW Polo 1.8 GTI with the optional Climatronic auto climate control to a current generation 2.0 Polo GTI with standard manual air conditioning. I know it’s not a Seat and I’m not comparing like with like when I compare the system in my last car to the current car (previous car’s a/c; auto climate control and not serviced for two years, current car’s system; manual and brand new), but IMO the less sophisticated manual system in my new car seems much more effective at cooling the car’s cabin than the auto climate control in my previous car. Glad I didn’t pay the extra to upgrade.

I dare say the systems used in current Ibizas and Polos use the same components and are essentially the same.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
All the VW Group's small and medium sized cars will use the same components apart from the control panels which might need to be marque specific to blend in with the decor etc - with the exception where 2-zone or 3-zone is only offered in certain marques.
Typically a manual Heating/Cooling system will be capable of running "harder", ie fully ON or fully OFF whereas these auto systems do tend to limit just how much heating and cooling is delivered.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise