Airbag Light

Jun 12, 2019
Hi,

My airbag warning light came on after someone got into the back. (Could be coincidental) I’ve checked the glove box connections, but I can’t work out for the life of me how you check the ones under the seat. I can see the yellow plugs underneath but they are like in the middle of the seat. There’s too much plastic at the front blocking it and can’t reach from the back as it’s 3 door.

I don’t have a ECU diagnostic tool, but I wanted to check all the connections before taking it to a garage.

2006 1.9 FR TDI

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
It's easiest to just unbolt the seats and get a really good look at them.
They might just have abit or water ingress or something, or the connecting pins might need adjustment.

Obviously get a VCDS scan done, you don't wanna be faffing around with seat connectors if the problem is somewhere else.

Jun 12, 2019
It's easiest to just unbolt the seats and get a really good look at them.
They might just have abit or water ingress or something, or the connecting pins might need adjustment.

Obviously get a VCDS scan done, you don't wanna be faffing around with seat connectors if the problem is somewhere else.

Thanks for reply. I’ll see if any of my mates back home have one. Going home soon! It looks so easy on other cars to check it . Remember it was the first time someone sat in the back and as soon as the seat was put back the light came on...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise