Alexa app- what’s the point?

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
Unlike plenty of others on here, my infotainment system and online services have worked pretty well since day one (2021 build week 8 car). That means I was able to install Alexa from the store as soon as it became available.

my problem though is it seems completely pointless! I use Alexa in my home and have it connected to my Nest heating controller, so I know some of the possibilities. I have so far found absolutely no use whatsoever for it in my car. The only thing I thought might be moderately useful is asking Alexa to play songs from Spotify. This works in the house, but the car says sorry the function is not available. The Siri and car play integration works well and does this well anyway.

Am I missing something? Has anyone used it for anything moderately useful/ fun/ interesting?

Dave5118

Jun 27, 2021
I have it in my Cupra Leon, I had to 'link' it via my phone iirc and now can use it as a normal Alexa. Mainly use it to arm/disarm my ring alarm tbh though.

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
you can ask it things like the weather forecast ect also play music on amazon music ,i have it dont use it i just ask google and use spotify for music.

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
We don't use Alexa at home so we would never consider downloading it. We gave up on trying to work with voice recognition in the car let alone trying to use something else like it.

Torque69

Sep 18, 2021
South Birmingham
Similarly we also don't use Alexa at home & I won't be using in my Leon when it arrives as we have 4 yr old twins who already cause havoc with Grandma's..., doesn't help one has a v similar name so keeps activating it...🤣

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members