Altea 18s

Lloyd55

Jun 29, 2010
Hi guys, ive just joint up and thought id jump in with a question :confused:

i was looking around and keep being told 8x18 et 45 will fit the altea 05

Any help would be great, being new to seats i have nooooooo idea lol :help:

ben_cade

The offset is the most important number. On Alteas the offset is 52, I think, but anything down to around 35 is ok I rekon, although the sloser to 52 the better.

So to sum up, 45 will be fine. As for the width and size, again 8j is fine, and i've seen some alteas with 20's on. You'll have no problems with 18's.

What wheels are you looking at?

Lloyd55

Jun 29, 2010
Got some lambo replicas on route somewhere, and was hoping i hadnt caused myself trouble lol
I got 20s on my mk1 vrs octy so thought.... Sure they'll go
Its the mrs/family ... Hehe my new toy
Was also thinking whether to run a slight stretch with 205 or 215
Rather than 225, but i dont know yet

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
There will be a slight stretch at 225 on 8's,i wouldn't go lower than 215's personally!
Heres mine with 8 by 18, et35, 225/40/18 tyres. car is also lowered by 40mm! :)

307u9gl.jpg

Lloyd55

Jun 29, 2010
Very cool
Whats it dropped on mate , and is there any rubbing?
Being the "cough cough" wifes n family car i have to try and avoid trouble

Lloyd55

Jun 29, 2010
very cool once again, if mine ever arrive :cry:

are there issues with rubbing when lowered?

i was eyeying up some eibach springs :think:

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Very cool
Whats it dropped on mate , and is there any rubbing?
Being the "cough cough" wifes n family car i have to try and avoid trouble

Hi,there is a tiny bit of rubbing on the rear.only on corners with 5 people in the car,or 4 and luggage,but its only the plastic liner it touches!
its dropped using the Eibach 30mm springs,but a lot have people have found they drop more like 40mm :)

Lloyd55

Jun 29, 2010
cool. so no damage actually ddone to the tyres then. sounds like my plan could work lol :funk:

Lloyd55

Jun 29, 2010
i did give thought to shocks and springs? is it koni fsd you got then mate?
i spotted both kw and weitec do offer kits with shocks n springs too

Lloyd55

Jun 29, 2010
et 35 8x18s it turned out in the end i got ;) do love how they sit flush in the arches.

im giving thought maybe go for a full kw or weitec kit with shocks and springs. should cut the chance of rubbing abit more :whistle: lol should

i cant put pic cos i need 15 posts 1st lol

Last edited:

bazmac28

Jun 18, 2010
Glasgow Scotland
Explanation of ET

Not extra terrestial . Could anyone explain the ET regarding wheels .It seems 52 is the standard and people go for a lower ET . What happens if you go for a higher ET ? Everyone seems to have 35 but noticed one with 45 . What is the difference ? By the way Toxic wheels look great . What are they called and what sort of money did you pay if you dont mind me asking . I remember you saying your favourite Altea was the red German one which had similar wheels to yours , what kind were the ones on that car as it no longer seems to be on that link . Cheers Barry .

Lloyd55

Jun 29, 2010
et 35 sits 10mm further out towards the arch than et45, et45 would b 7mm closer to arch than 52 and so on. hope that helps :help:
ive jus tbeen out and actually heard a rub ropping down a lil to eager from a speed bump. hmmmmmmmmmm:think:

so now im wondering if the lowering answer is coilovers or if i do go to a weitec or kw full kit the uprated shocks will take enuff bounce away that it will be fine :confused:

Not extra terrestial . Could anyone explain the ET regarding wheels .It seems 52 is the standard and people go for a lower ET . What happens if you go for a higher ET ? Everyone seems to have 35 but noticed one with 45 . What is the difference ? By the way Toxic wheels look great . What are they called and what sort of money did you pay if you dont mind me asking . I remember you saying your favourite Altea was the red German one which had similar wheels to yours , what kind were the ones on that car as it no longer seems to be on that link . Cheers Barry .

http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.