Altea FR

PDaddy

Aug 22, 2004
Has anyone got one, post some pics up please. Also does it have the 2.0T 200 BHP engine.

T. Spark

HeHe, he asked for pics tho, I meant no-one will have one on the drive, not to ur reply, lol!

On a side note, are they going to put a 2.0TFSI engine in a Altea?

Distant Sun

Contains mild peril
Sep 9, 2005
Belfast
Sir SparkSter said:
HeHe, he asked for pics tho, I meant no-one will have one on the drive, not to ur reply, lol!

Oh, I get what you meant now:redface:

I'm sure I read that the 2.0TFSi would be out (in Europe) in July, but I'm sure someone will correct me;)

Joe_FR

I already got mine Altea FR TDi version. But I cant drive it until 15. april when our local Motor Show is finished.

I will post some pictures tomorrow.

Joe

PDaddy

Aug 22, 2004
Yeah thanks Joe, it looks nice, sometimes the "PR" press pics are dodgy, and they dont do the altea any favours. Im thinking of getting one, im just not 100% I've seen a few around and they are really nice. different design etc.

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
PDaddy, justa word of caution, make sure you're happy with the front seat design. I test drove the Altea Sport and the Leon and was much happier with the seats in the Leon. The Altea's are narrower and pinch you in place with their bolsters on the sides. After a 30 min test drive I found this very uncomfortable. This is obviously personal preference but worth checking !

Tell

Staff member
carl4x4 said:
The Altea's are narrower and pinch you in place with their bolsters on the sides. After a 30 min test drive I found this very uncomfortable.

Oh we seem to have discovered that as a male one has to stick ones hand down ones pants and drag stuff around before getting into the Altea else one can find that things can get painfull if you don't... well I do or you get in and out and re-arrange. Glad someone else has this problems and it just isn't me who is well endowed down there ;). LOL. Perhaps one needs special Altea underwear :clap: ... I'll just wait for that advice.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
these alteas really shocked me, we had a 1.9 tdi 105 bhp one last week, it was certainly pey and felt more like 130bhp because of the gearbox i assume being only 5-speed.

But 5 up it cruised at 120 no probs.

It was also driven with a lot of verve and handled like a hot hatch.

Only hing we found was the bias for the brakes was a little too high on the rear, on quite a few occasions the rear locked up ( ABS????)

But after being taken round a large roundabout where the local bikers practice there knee downs at nearly 70mph continuouslly, i can vouch for the handling.

Oh and hey do superb burn outs, so be interested to see what the FR is like

Joe_FR

I have Altea 2.0TDI sport almost 2 years. The car was great and have great handling. Now I got Altea 2.0TDI FR. I have not yet pass 1000miles so I am little gentle with gas pedal but the difference is obvius. The engine is not to well responsive below 1800rpm, but when turbo grabs the acceleration is much more stronger so owertaking is very easy job.
I also noticed that engine noise is less robust.
The suspension is stiffer but the car is much more controlable in the corners.
The seats are more comfortable that in the previus car.

I will write a little more when I pass 1000miles

Joe

Tell

Staff member
But does it have a DSG in FR mode ;).

I'm getting my love affair back with my Altea DSG after having it parked up for three weeks whilst I went on holiday. It's an easy affair with the growl of the engine as you rattle through the automatic box as you steer out of junctions etc and those petrol heads with gears loose which gear they are in. Then the Mercs burn all that nasty smelling egg stuff and you think I'll get them on the next hill and you over take at 80 MPH after they are running out of puff.

I do toy with the boy racer dudes Ant FR in a new town roundabout system since I do know that I'm going to beat them through the system in accelateration from roundabout to roundabout as they stir their boxes by hand - LOL.

Joe_FR

For now in my country is not possible to order Altea FR with DSG and I did not find any data on the internet. I think it is a torque problem maybe :think: ?

Joe

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.