Altea Front Pads

goonerjs

Afternoon All,

Swapped my read pads last month thanks to Vikings extremely useful guide but after an MOT at the weekend was advised that the fronts were getting low. They'll last for a bit yet but stopped by my local TPS place on the way home last night and got a pair ready.

I noticed however that in addition to the inclusion of the wear indicator fitting they also have a set of metal clips on the back that the rears did not. Just wanted to check with you good people if they are for some reason any more problematic to replace than the rears.

Currently can't imagine how they would sit in the calliper with those clips on but no doubt all will become clear when I slip the wheel off and have a butchers. Any good pointers or advice greatfully appreciated however. :D

goonerjs

Yea, they are the fella's. Cheers for that. Looks as straightforward as the rears were then. :)

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Usuallt the rears that gave people the more bother! Fronts are pretty simple to do. Copper gearse on te rear of the pad etc to prevent sqealing etc, tidy up sliders and other moving parts from dirt and road salt from the winter. mine were a bit on the sticky side with the salt, cleaned and greased up, working fine.

goonerjs

Cheers. Found the rears a doddle to do so hopefully the fronts will be just as easy. Was wondering how much copper grease was required given the clips on the back of the front pads and exactly how much surface area needed greasing but like I said above, sure it will all become clear when I have a look.

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Cheers. Found the rears a doddle to do so hopefully the fronts will be just as easy. Was wondering how much copper grease was required given the clips on the back of the front pads and exactly how much surface area needed greasing but like I said above, sure it will all become clear when I have a look.

You don't need much grease,just a slight coating! :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.