Altea Key Fob stopped working, what to do next? :-)

Canedingle

Jul 7, 2018
Hi There, the door remote on my 2005 Altea has suddenly stopped working. I’ve tried a new fob battery on the 3 button fob and the remote lights did come on before and after the new battery. Tried the fob re synchronisation in the manual but no luck there. I’ve read various posts and various things suggested eg new drivers door lock, check for broken wires in the door loom near the hinge.

The central locking does work with the key however when the door is opened the siren then goes off (my neighbours love me!). Key in the ignition shuts the alarm off. Before I start swapping things and stripping the car down (lol) does anyone have any insight into what may be the problem, or the order to check things out?

I read the codes and I got “drivers door lock control module implausible signal”, seems to point to the drivers door lock module assembly, what do you guys and girls think? The lights on buzzer does work when the door is opened so the door open microswitch seems to be ok (read that’s a common problem).

Any help would be really appreciated!

Cheers all

Last edited:

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
There was a massive issue reported with driver door control units installed in my07 VAG cars, mentioning the above faults with alarm going off, key fob not reacting as well as other unpredictable errors.
Telediagnosis is always difficult, but - even if yours is an earlier model - the code as well implies some issue with the CU.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.