Altea standard/optional equipment

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
Hi,

I have only had my Feb '05 Altea 2.0TDi Sport for a week but have noticed a couple of things in the user manual.

Firstly, when cruise control is activated, the icon isn't t displayed notifying me in the speedo/dash, the manual says '*depending on model' but why would this be different on different models? Surely if the cruise control is activated then the driver should be notified:confused:

Secondly, is the tyre pressure monitor an option or don't I have it as I have a 12 month old car and the specs have changed since?

I'm sure they'll be other questions but thanks for now.

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Hi,
as far as the equipment setups for German Alteas are concerned ...

1 - cruise control (CC) is mostly combined with the multi function display (MFD).
If you have the large MFD, then the CC-activation will be indicated in the speedometer.
Still there is a difference within the model years: till my2005, you'll see the indicator light as soon as you generally switch the CC on, despite any activation via dip-switch ... so you'll never really know, whether CC is controlling or not.
With my2006, the indicator will follow true activation, means, as long as CC is actually controlling the gas, the yellow light will flash.

2 - tyre pressure monitor comes along any standard equipped model 2006 Altea.
Before that, it wasn't even an option.

Greets
Klaus

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
Hi, there are a number of 'missing' features on UK spec Altea's (we discussed it a fair bit a while back on here) - some of which include the cruise warning light (watch out for the quite common fault cruise as well!), the drive info system, heated mirrors etc. I think they have changed the spec recently as well because a brand new Sport I drove the other day lacked the auto-dimming rear view mirror and sexy red audi-style down lighting that mine has...

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
hibitdat said:
I think they have changed the spec recently as well because a brand new Sport I drove the other day lacked the auto-dimming rear view mirror and sexy red audi-style down lighting that mine has...
Bet, you ordered your mirror (including the "ambiente" lighting) seperately, as there is an optional package including rain sensor, auto-dimming rear view mirror and auto-headlights.

greets ... Klaus

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
klawit said:
Bet, you ordered your mirror (including the "ambiente" lighting) seperately, as there is an optional package including rain sensor, auto-dimming rear view mirror and auto-headlights.

greets ... Klaus

On the subject of standard equipment:
My Toledo has power folding mirrors, but they aren't heated - WHY?
Alarm sytem with interior sensors, but no switch to disable these if required - WHY?

Both of these features should be present in a car of this price, especially what we paid with all the options!

My Dealer answered by saying that if these items are not fitted, they are not part of UK spec! - but, he didn't know wether or not they should be fitted - typical!!:shrug:

My 3 year old boy is now terrified of my car, as twice now we have left him asleep in it and he has set off the alarm!!:-o

John.

Distant Sun

Contains mild peril
Sep 9, 2005
Belfast
Is the button to disable the interior sensor not at the bottom of the B-pillar on the drivers side? It is on my Altea.

Distant Sun

Contains mild peril
Sep 9, 2005
Belfast
B-pillar is the vertical bit between the front and rear doors.

A-pillar is the bit between the windscreen and the front door (the thick bit on the Altea that the journo's say obscures your view slightly).

C-pillar is the bit aft of the rear passenger door.

Sorry, not the most technical of explanations:rolleyes:

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
klawit said:

greets ... Klaus

Nope, back when I got mine they were standard kit on UK Sports (not full auto lights in the Renault sense, just ones that go off after 30s when left on at shutdown - and it's a shame they dont come on when you unlock again) - they certainly seem to have 'revised' the spec since I got mine.

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
hibitdat said:
Nope, back when I got mine they were standard kit on UK Sports (not full auto lights in the Renault sense, just ones that go off after 30s when left on at shutdown - and it's a shame they dont come on when you unlock again) - they certainly seem to have 'revised' the spec since I got mine.
Hi,
you're talking about "coming home" feature, which is standard in the Alteas ...
"leaving home" (when unlocking) can be progged via OBD.

What I meant is the automatic turn on of headlights when darkening, which only works in combination with the rain sensor, as it holds the photosensor and comes along with an "extended" light-switch (additional "Auto" selection) ...

th_37126_lichtschalter_ass.jpg

greets ... Klaus

Tell

Staff member
Distant Sun said:
B-pillar is the vertical bit between the front and rear doors.

A-pillar is the bit between the windscreen and the front door (the thick bit on the Altea that the journo's say obscures your view slightly).

C-pillar is the bit aft of the rear passenger door.

Thanks for that... first time I've seen that :).

I will look out for the switch.... I have noticed some light glowing but never been bothered enough to investigate... it could be that.

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Distant Sun said:
Is the button to disable the interior sensor not at the bottom of the B-pillar on the drivers side? It is on my Altea.

Thanks for that suggestion - I have checked (and double checked!) and it is definitely not there.
Problem with the handbook, it shows all these functions, but then adds a rider like "when fitted"!
Can't believe that on the most expensive model in the range, they would leave these 2 items off!!:confused:

Wonder if it is possible to retrofit the sensor deactivate switch? - I would reckon that the connector for it is likely to be behind the pillar trim:headhurt:

John.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.