Altea steering wheel

Apj

May 7, 2019
Hi just bought a seat altea but it doesn't have the audio controls on the steering wheel just wondering if I could buy one and fit it or would I need to change the radio as well thanks

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Hello Apj,

welcome aboard ... short info in advance: whenever you ask for specific help for your car, don't let the community guess about model, year built and equipment features.

I'd recommend that you'd rather arrange yourself with the given steering wheel and radio, as an upgrade will be way too expensive because of the involved parts ...
as there are:
- radio (depending on model/brand)
- multi function steering wheel + control unit
- air bag (!!)
- return ring with slip ring for radio control
- wiring attachment to the radio
- programming (air bag and radio)

Anyway, enjoy your new car ...

Apj

May 7, 2019
Hello Apj,

welcome aboard ... short info in advance: whenever you ask for specific help for your car, don't let the community guess about model, year built and equipment features.

I'd recommend that you'd rather arrange yourself with the given steering wheel and radio, as an upgrade will be way too expensive because of the involved parts ...
as there are:
- radio (depending on model/brand)
- multi function steering wheel + control unit
- air bag (!!)
- return ring with slip ring for radio control
- wiring attachment to the radio
- programming (air bag and radio)

Anyway, enjoy your new car ...
Thanks for the reply this is the first forum I have ever been on so yeah I will remember all of this for next time thanks

Povke

Feb 22, 2018
Not sure about the car year we are talking but, since i retrofitted multi function steering wheel my self it needed replacing:
1) Steering wheel it self + control unit;
2) Steering wheel angle sensor;
3) Airbag loom;
Managed to get all the parts for 45 euros, so not the priciest thing,
VCDS programming needed a bit: just calibrating/base setting for steering wheel sensors, many info on the ross wiki pages.
Cheers,

Dai_O

Jul 30, 2009
Cardiff
yeah i added volume buttons etc to my 2007 altea, as mentioned above, new steering wheel, multi function buttons, also needs a new cable assy. inside steering wheel too, may need to change steering wheel control module too, and a little tweak on vagcom to tell the car they are there

I may well have steering wheel and buttons if you are interested.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise