Alternative CD Changer that fits in the Glovebox?

Dr_Ming

Jan 25, 2005
I want to replace the cr@ppy HU and CD changer in my MY03 Leon Cupra.

Does anyone know of a (preferably 10/12 disc) CD changer that will fit in place of the glove-box mountet OEM unit? If I can get a changer that fits, I'll just buy an HU from the same manufacturer. MP3 compatibility would be good though.

I would prefer not to make the hole bigger, as I want to return the car to OE spec. when I sell it.

Last edited:

wolfy

Don't really know the layout of the leon dash but if I were you, i would put the aftermarket changer in the boot or under one of the seats.

You could then put the glovebox space to better use (i keep my prized collection of empty fag packets in mine! :redface: ).

I bought a JVC CHX1500 changer to go with my JVC HU - 12 disc mp3 changer and you can get them for less than a ton if you can find someone who has stock.

Cant get better value than that and the quality has never let me down.

Dont be put off by the extra cabling, its easy enough to conceal, a Haynes manual will tell you how to get the trim off and then just tuck it in, feed it behind the rear seat and Bobs your uncle, fannys your aunt and we never talk about cousin Rick! :thumbup:

John007

Apr 17, 2005
Cambs
I have a sony six disc in mine fits perfectly, then running an MP3 sony head unit.
TBH I think that you will struggle in getting a 10 or 12 disk changer to fit.

MP3 head units 10 albums on 1 disk.
Sony now do a dvd based uniit as well ,50 albums on 1 disk...

Kris

ESTATE! I'm Getting Old!
Nov 21, 2003
North Essex
Visit site
I hacked my original glovebox to death to get a sony 10 disc changer in.

It fit perfectly....

untill I tried to close the glovebox! DOH!!!:rolleyes:
There is not a lot of room behind!

Of to the scrappy for a new glovebox, then put the changer in the boot. :whistle:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.