Am i now a diesel head??

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I know it’s not a Seat but thought I’d share a photo of my new daily driver.
I’ve heard it said many times you’re not a proper petrol head if you’ve never owned an Alfa, so... diesel head?? ??
49A6426A-D7DA-44A4-A196-078F56D191C6.jpeg
Picked it up yesterday. 1.9 JTDM (150) 75.000 miles and stunning. And more importantly a 2 year gold RAC warranty!
Drove it home in the dark so haven’t had chance to have a proper look yet but drive home was great.
There isn’t one squeak or rattle, everything works and it feels really solidly put together and It’s 10 years old.
I’ve had two Volvo V70’s break on me in less than 18 months so thought what the hell get a 159 after wanting one for years.
Will make a nice pair on the drive along with the LCR.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Until last year I had a 156 GTA sportwagon. I wasn’t using it and they don’t like standing around in a garage so sold it to a collector. Had 4 other 156’s before that. 1.8,2.0 and 2.5 V6 petrol and a 2.4 jtd 24v so had most engine options!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow, that’s some list. The 156 GTA Sportwagon must be rare as hens teeth?
This is my first Alfa although I did test drive a 159 when they first came out but I bought an Octavia VRS instead. Had that 12 years.
I did similar to you with the mk1 Leon.
Had 3 back when they were new and worked my way up the engine range.
Got my R now which is a keeper.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
i'm driving a 159 diesel 1.9 150 Ti. lovely car. if you do go this route try and stretch to the 2.0 170 later models, as nicer engine.

i hope the warranty includes the clutch, you are approaching the point it might need doing. not cheap.

Had read the 2.0 is a nicer engine, the 150 is adequate for me though.
Not a great deal of choice of sport wagons out there either and this one just felt right. Economical too.
It’s had the gearbox bearings upgrade done and I’m pretty sure the clutch was done I’ll check though.
Paid £1500 for clutch and flywheel on a Saab 9’3 few years back, I’m guessing it’d be similar on this??
Is yours a saloon or SW?

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
mine is a saloon, stromboli grey Ti.
yes the clutch can end up costing that with flywheel if you do a service with it.
otherwise it can be done for around £1200 - but yes basically the same as saab

do you know what the gearbox bearing work cost?
Yeah, I’ve checked. No record of clutch done but receipt for bearings is for £550.
Good news though, reading small print of warranty book from RAC gold warranty seems to cover clutch. It feels fine now so fingers crossed it’s good for a while.
Nice colour yours and obviously the ti spec is the top dog. What’s the ride like on the 19’s? It has lowered suspension the ti doesn’t it too, compared to my Lusso?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.