Ambient lighting in FR

Deleted member 123864

From my conversations with Seat - when I was in the same situation after I bought a Seat Leon FR believing as the advert said 'ambient lighting was included on the FR versions' only to discover it wasn't on the FR (only the FR First Edition or the FR Sport) The optional 'Ambient Lighting' is only on ordering and is added at the factory ONLY. You car will have the infotainment system and the dash and car grooves for the LED but no LED. Have to say I now have a Seat Leon FR First Edition with wraparound lighting and it is impressive and I love it.

Unlike the Seat Leon M3 the 'background lighting' in the M4 Seat Leon FR is one colour and very underwhelming. A clear down-grade in my opinion.
Please stop misquoting. The advert says nothing of the sort, and we've been through this before.

Kernow13

May 22, 2021
Please stop misquoting. The advert says nothing of the sort, and we've been through this before.
If you do your research you will note that 'ambient lighting was included on the FR versions' is a DIRECT quote from Seat Literature. I (thats me myself) took this to mean it was on the FR versions (ie: all 3 of them) I discovered only after purchase that it was NOT. This is my personal opinion, based on my personal experience, honestly expressed and voluntarily shared. Others may or may not reach the same conclusion and if it helps anyone to achieve clarity and avoid disappointment then I'm happy.

You may fundamentally disagree with my conclusion (and I'm well aware that you do) and you have every right to state that, but unless you are a moderator or an employee of Seat please respect the rights of people on this forum to say things you disagree with without lecturing them and assuming your interpretation is the only correct interpretation and refrain from suggesting that your co-contributors are some sort of errant schoolboys.

Aug 31, 2021
In my
Hi, I got my MK4 Leon FR on Monday. When I collected it the ambient lights were red, but then I had a play around in the settings and somehow I managed to change it to white. But now I can’t work out how to get it back to red! It’s not linked to the driving modes as I’ve tried that! No other colours seem to be available though.
MK4 FR I have white LED strips in each of the doors below the window line and also the illuminated FR kickplates. It also has red LED’s in the Front doors that shine down from the door handle and shine onto the electric window switches. When the brochure said the car had ambient lighting I expected the dashboard LED to operate as well, I was disappointed when I found out it doesn’t on the FR Spec.

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
I'm so grateful for this topic, as I've ordered an FR originally without the wraparound lighting option, but by all the talk of one colour that is standard I'm glad I've specced it, role on February /March!!!!

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Kernow13

May 22, 2021
SeatUK told me "I have checked the wording that describes the ambient lighting feature on the SEAT Leon brochure and unless you double check this with the list of vehicle specifications you are right in saying you just assume that The Leon FR comes with ambient lighting" Its odd that for the sake of £260 (the factory fit) that it does not. Perhaps it should teach us that when purchasing a Seat the specification cannot be assumed to be as described or advertised!

Kernow13

May 22, 2021
I'm so grateful for this topic, as I've ordered an FR originally without the wraparound lighting option, but by all the talk of one colour that is standard I'm glad I've specced it, role on February /March!!!!

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
I'm glad my experience of buying an FR thinking it would have the wraparound ambient light because it is shown in the TV adverts and is described in the brochure and has all the appearance of having it - but then once bought discovering it does not has helped you avoid the same disappointment. Once you get it - it is impressive !

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
First world problem in my humble opinion 🤔.

I also find it amusing that forum members on some other VAG forums think it’s great to have multiple colour choices for the ambient lighting in their cars - VAG marketing teams must be doing a great job. After the initial novelty has worn off, I wonder how often owners change their colour selection and how many of those colour choices are actually used?

My car has ambient lighting that includes an LED strip across the dashboard and around into the door cards - one colour only; just white. Would I be bothered if it didn’t have ambient lighting? Not at all.

To anyone who considers certain features or items of equipment to be important, make sure you do your homework and fully research the spec and equipment levels before buying a specific model and trim level of car to ensure it has everything that’s considered important. I’d personally consider software that’s gremlin-free would add more to the overall ownership experience of a car than an interior feature such as ambient lighting that IMHO doesn’t really serve any useful functional purpose.

Dkn5000

Oct 29, 2021
I have the 130 hp fr stick shift mk4. Car looks amazing and I enjoy driving my car but stuff like this and car play really freaks me out. I have the same problem it is red at first and when you run engine it turns white and has no wraparounds. I am really upset and angry at seat because they advert it with these features on! Also I wonder does anyone able to change the colours by coding with vcds, obdeleven or such?

Sep 3, 2021
Hi i also have recently bought the new Leon FR expecting it to have the wrap around lighting... Salesman couldn't tell me if it did or not on questioning after trying to get it to work!!! On doing a bit of my own detective work looks like it is the FR SPORT and above models it is standard on!!! Bit pissed of at this as was qouted £265 plus vat to add it on to my car!!! Surely it is just a software update it would require as LED strip on door and dash are there present

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
hi
I bought Fr 2021 I have wrap around but the software has been deleted of some reason. how to download it again ?

GenericSeat

Oct 29, 2021
UK
I have the wrap around lighting. I set it to red when first drove and haven’t changed it since. It’s a novelty and so hidden in the menus that you quickly forget about it. It would be nice if it could cycle through colours but…meh. If you’re looking at expensive retrofits it really isn’t worth it.

Mirador

Nov 25, 2021
West Sussex
My FR model (a 71 plate) just has the red lighting on the front door inserts. I've not had them ever turn to white. I did think the model might have had choices of colours but no.
Maybe get the FR sport next time!

verde

Nov 6, 2021
already saw some people who active red with sport profile
When you first unlock the car, they should come on red. Once you get in the car, they should turn white.

Either way, mine do come on red when I unlock, but they never stay on regardless of me setting them previously to on!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.