Ambient lighting in front door cards

jonboy984

Jul 9, 2020
I am new here although have been an active member on Briskoda for many years.

I have a 2015 FR Technology and am trying to work out whether my car has ambient lighting in the front door cards and if so how to activate it.

I have searched on here, read the manual and have gone through the settings and am non the wiser. How can I tell if I have it and if so, how do I activate it?

Amy help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Do you mean the lights that run the length of the door quite high up? Mine are on all the time and change between white and red depending on car modes.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
They were standard on FR. As above, White in ECO/Normal and Red in Sport mode.

Some people coded them to be red all the time using VCDS etc.

Their brightness can be altered (with dash or footwell lights - can remember which) in Car>>Settings>>Lights>>Internal Lights.

They were a bit dim with white light, and both colours are not overly visible during the day.

The FL cars, like the FL Octavia and Superb have the multi-coloured option.

jonboy984

Jul 9, 2020
They were standard on FR. As above, White in ECO/Normal and Red in Sport mode.

Some people coded them to be red all the time using VCDS etc.

Their brightness can be altered (with dash or footwell lights - can remember which) in Car>>Settings>>Lights>>Internal Lights.

They were a bit dim with white light, and both colours are not overly visible during the day.

The FL cars, like the FL Octavia and Superb have the multi-coloured option.
I have not yet driven at night, I will try this evening and report back tomorrow. Thanks

jonboy984

Jul 9, 2020
Fingers crossed they will work when it's dark

jonboy984

Jul 9, 2020

They work perfectly in the dark thanks. I will also look to get them coded so they are red all the time too

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.