Ambient lighting issue

Jul 6, 2022
Hi, I have a Leon FR TSI 2.0 2019 (68).

I have a simple question, does the ambient lighting only work strictly at night, or is there a way to change this so it works any time of the day?

Thanks

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
Not bright enough to see in daylight unless you turn brightness right up - then too bright at night. At least that is true in my 2018 Leon FR.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Interesting question by the OP - I’ve never given any thought to ambient lighting during daylight hours, but then I personally don’t think I’d want the ambient lighting level in a car bright enough to be able to see it during daylight hours. That’s just me though.

Off-topic (apologies) but on the subject of ambient lighting in general; I personally struggle with the current trend of car manufacturers brainwashing us into thinking we need multiple ambient lighting colour choices in a car. I can remember when VW launched the mk8 VW Golf and some of the first cars in dealer showrooms had stickers along the side proclaiming something along the lines of ‘The new Golf, with 30 ambient lighting colour choices’. At the time, I thought that VW must’ve really been struggling to find anything positive to say about the car if the best thing they could come up was ambient lighting 🤣. I’m from an era long before ‘features’ such as ambient lighting in a car ever existed - my first car didn’t even have ‘luxuries’ such as sun visors!

I know we’re all individuals with different wants, needs, likes and dislikes which IMHO is a good thing. My current VW does have ambient lighting (one colour choice; white). However, I could easily live without it.

Reactions: jdubya
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.