Analyzing Dyno plot, whats going on?

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Here is a dyno of my car, don't want to give the specifics of what happened because I want to hear off you lot what you suspect is going on.

Basically, top line is pre build, bottom tests are post build using various settings. Both use same mapping, exhaust, intake and intercooler.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
would need to see other logs dude, id say its deffo boost related, ie its being requested and then cos yours is a hbrid setup (correct?) its getting all the boost it needs then its having to dump early to keep it safe,

ie ecu wants say 14psi, and the turbo spools to produce more so it has to dump early/bleed off to keep it safe

get it mapped properly!

Aug 3, 2011
I'd say it needs mapping, an engine mod that big will need to be optimized, not an off the shelf job.

Jay

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
I have done some boost loging, but for some reason the data didn't save itself on my 200mile test so I have nothing to show for it.

Although.........looking at the boost gauge,

Revo s2 map pre build give 21-22psi till around 3000rpm then down to 19psi until 4500 tailing off to 14psi at 6000rpm

Im maintaining now 21 psi until 5000rpm, dosent seem to be dumping it.

A lot more work to be done

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
I have done some boost loging, but for some reason the data didn't save itself on my 200mile test so I have nothing to show for it.

Although.........looking at the boost gauge,

Revo s2 map pre build give 21-22psi till around 3000rpm then down to 19psi until 4500 tailing off to 14psi at 6000rpm

Im maintaining now 21 psi until 5000rpm, dosent seem to be dumping it.

A lot more work to be done

hows it feel to drive? could be alot of things tho!

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
feels good to drive, not how the dyno shows. It was misfiring after the software update, think latest revo map is more aggressive, then I realised the plugs were the standard ones and not bkr7eix.

TBH post build before the loba was fitted felt faster than now, which is why its currently in for dsg mapping, plugs have been changed and then we can see what its really doing

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
feels good to drive, not how the dyno shows. It was misfiring after the software update, think latest revo map is more aggressive, then I realised the plugs were the standard ones and not bkr7eix.

TBH post build before the loba was fitted felt faster than now, which is why its currently in for dsg mapping, plugs have been changed and then we can see what its really doing

get a map on it. a proper custom sit down and play with the car for a couple of days with the map kinda map!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members