Android head unit

Marcustandy

Leon FR
Apr 18, 2021
Glasgow
Guys I'm thinking of putting an android head unit in my Leon as I can find a way to update the sat nav, my question is, will the parking sensors still work OK with the original headunit removed.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
You don’t state what model Leon you have but if it’s a Mk3 why not look to upgrade to a Seat MIB with Mapcare (Sat Nav Updates) from

With this option all normal functions of the car continue to work and you can even get Full Link activated too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcustandy

Leon FR
Apr 18, 2021
Glasgow
You don’t state what model Leon you have but if it’s a Mk3 why not look to upgrade to a Seat MIB with Mapcare (Sat Nav Updates) from

With this option all normal functions of the car continue to work and you can even get Full Link activated too.

The mib2 kit is around 500 quid a wee bit too expensive buddy

Marcustandy

Leon FR
Apr 18, 2021
Glasgow

Ps sorry its a mk3

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Ps sorry its a mk3
If you have an FR go down the retrofit route or don't bother.
Cheap android units such as Xtrons aren't designed for FR and only have 6 out of the 8 pins required for the speaker, so you'll be without the front low end speakers.
It is possible to bodge it however you'll need a harness extension and some crossovers, which again will add up.

Jan 28, 2022
If you have an FR go down the retrofit route or don't bother.
Cheap android units such as Xtrons aren't designed for FR and only have 6 out of the 8 pins required for the speaker, so you'll be without the front low end speakers.
It is possible to bodge it however you'll need a harness extension and some crossovers, which again will add up.
Hello, what harness and crossovers do i need to buy? I have ts10 android unit and unfortunately the front speakers doesn't play and i must fix it or sent the unit back.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.