another remap/clutch thread

Danfr550

ive been looking at getting my seat leon fr 170 mapped properly at p-torque, after having a dpf delete done by the so called tuner ecu flash which was pointless. but anyway my car was owned by a sales rep from new so has high milage was 102,000 when i bought the car although it has been looked after every service was done early and all seat service history, and is now 106,000 since owning the car its never missed a beat, but after being quoted figures around 200-225bhp and up to 340 torque, im not sure if my clutch would be able to handle all the extra torque, it feels strong at the moment (no slip in 6th at low revs with foot hard down) but im not so sure after the remap, so has anyone else had a remp with such high mileage? cheers

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Mine is on 95k with stage2 and not had any issues with the clutch mate

Gregsupercopa12

Feb 10, 2013
Cwmcarn south wales
Same as Dan I'm getting mine done 2012 supercopa 16k at mo would there be issues with my clutch I've read the standard clutch is good for what the remap claims by the way I drive my car like I've stole most times so it does get an hammering cheers
Ps dan why p-torque I chose streetwise in Bristol £399 for revo map

Danfr550

I just chose to go with p torque because a few people have had them done by them on the site. And theyve got a good deal on at the moment and also get a rolling road print out

Danfr550

Yeah its booked in for monday so will see what results are like

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
Awsome changing the fogs on mine Tomoz depending on weather do you knw if you go thro the grills on the side ? Or underneath i dnt fnc taking bumper off lol

Hey Greg post back on how you get on changing the fog light bulb i had one come out and was a complete barsteward to get back in , i went in through the front grille but there is some more trim in the way , there was only an inch or so to get your hand through so my arms were bleeding by the time i was done , i do want to change the bulbs but not sure if its worth the trouble .

Ps sorry for hijacking the tread

Gregsupercopa12

Feb 10, 2013
Cwmcarn south wales
No probs always good to hear off others only way we learn lol Ahh right might take it dwn mates garage then and get him to do it lol also glad to hear about your remap puts me more at ease having mine done I will upgrade the clutch eventually then go stage 2 noticed your from wakey maybe meet up for a chat I'm often in Leeds watching the footy

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
No probs always good to hear off others only way we learn lol Ahh right might take it dwn mates garage then and get him to do it lol also glad to hear about your remap puts me more at ease having mine done I will upgrade the clutch eventually then go stage 2 noticed your from wakey maybe meet up for a chat I'm often in Leeds watching the footy

Yeah would be good to meet up i work in Leeds and live in Wakefield about a mile from town.
Someone did suggest i went in through the wheel arches to get to the fog light but to be honest i haven't been arsed to try since .lol

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
Yea I heard you can go in a few ways bugger it I'll let my mate do it yea I go up every couple weeks to watch Leeds wish I could do more but travelling kills me lol

I don't mind travelling,its just other travellers in my way that do my head in lol , message me next time your up n let me know how you get on changing the bulbs .

Danfr550

Remap done cars running spot on highly recommend P-torque, car ran 183bhp with the old map and dpf delete and ran 221bhp on the final run with alot smoother power delivery

Danfr550

Yeah custom it was £294 with this Christmas deal they had on, But my car already had the dpf scrapped out so all he did was a remap with before and after printout

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise