Anti freeze

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
My mate who is doing the work on the car for me wants me to source the stuff which I'm more than happy to,

I know it's the red coolant I've to get but what's the best place to get it from?
And also the name for it.

Cheers

mark_eisner

Jul 18, 2010
mark.theeisners.co.uk
I assume it's for your Cupra? Go to any Seat/Skoda/VW/Audi dealer. It's now G13 spec but it's backwards compatible with anything which asks for G12/G12+/G12++. The dealers don't sell anything else and it's the cheapest place to get the real thing.

Its currently £11.83 inc VAT for a 1.5L concentrate bottle.

Last edited:

hyphon12

Daft Member
Jun 7, 2011
Scottish Borders
Get the proper VAG G13 coolant, that way you don't go wrong :)

That and its cheaper than most G13 spec coolant sold by other brands.

Last edited:

mark_eisner

Jul 18, 2010
mark.theeisners.co.uk
I mix it at less than a 1:1 ratio so it stretches a bit further. After changing my radiator I used about 4L but I'm not sure how much you need for a flush with everything installed.

hyphon12

Daft Member
Jun 7, 2011
Scottish Borders
I got 3x1.5L bottles when I needed coolant. Had most of the last bottle left over when I did my waterpump with a 50:50 mix.

Last edited:

David McMahon

Jul 15, 2014
Anyone had trouble with Water pumps giving up after a flush and change? Dad's Citroen did that recently.

mark_eisner

Jul 18, 2010
mark.theeisners.co.uk
It can happen with air in the system, cavitation at the pump causes serious damage. Using a metal water pump and being careful to bleed the system fully will avoid the pump giving up.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.