RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Was wondering if someone might comment on that! I’ve attached a photo on how it looked when I opened the bonnet…
I suppose "to err is human" - but I'd be a bit annoyed about having that happen to me, at least it was placed in a "safe" position, so remained with the car and did not fall down onto the hot exhaust or escape out from the under cover.

Nov 15, 2021
Personally I don’t think there’s any excuse for it and as a mechanic they do have a duty of care. There’s things much less obvious than this they could forget and cause an accident…

Nov 15, 2021
Phoned Seat and cancelled the booking I did have for tomorrow because topping up the coolant fixed it. Also after requesting it, they agreed to refund the £20 from the winter health check. I asked if the mechanics have been told about their mistake as it could have been bad. The guy was friendly but basically as soon as I mentioned that he just wanted to get me off the phone as quickly as possible, so it gave the impression they really don’t really care. Felt like this isn’t the first time it’s happened too. I’ve now looked up their reviews and they aren’t good

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Phoned Seat and cancelled the booking I did have for tomorrow because topping up the coolant fixed it. Also after requesting it, they agreed to refund the £20 from the winter health check. I asked if the mechanics have been told about their mistake as it could have been bad. The guy was friendly but basically as soon as I mentioned that he just wanted to get me off the phone as quickly as possible, so it gave the impression they really don’t really care. Felt like this isn’t the first time it’s happened too. I’ve now looked up their reviews and they aren’t good
Stick another negative review on there Ryan.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
A bit annoying having paid £20 to highlight or avoid future issues, and having this happen. There is supposed to be a position at these dealerships that goes by the name "dealer principle" - or there used to be, contacting him/her by recorded delivery should have worked, though as they are just throwing you back the £20 they seem to have got away with this, and so will no bother too much about being less than professional in the workshop.

I once handed in my Ford Orion Ghia 1.6 Injection for some issue under warranty to my local small Ford agent, when I got it back and got home, I checked under the bonnet and noticed that something was not right but could not work out what. After going back into my house, I suddenly thought "dipstick!" - so back out I went, and checked the dipstick, its handle was rough and blackened with age, the dipstick with its oil level sensor was black and carbon coated - ie from a very old high mileage car and not my 6 month old 4,000 mile car. I returned to that dealership and one of the owners was in, so I demanded that the dipstick was replaced - he was livid and challenged me - I pointed out that there was a nice new Ford Orion Ghia 1.6 Injection in his showroom (luckily) and I needed its dipstick quickly - he complied, I never went back there.

Nov 15, 2021
Can’t trust anyone basically! Although I have never had these problems from my local independent garage

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise