Any plans for adding car-net like features to SEATS cars?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
SEAT seem to be lacking in this area at this present time

VW have car-net
Audi have connect
Skoda have Columbus and their “connected car offerings “

As far as I’m aware SEAT were not offering infotainment units that have internet capabilities I.e that accepted a SIM.

Apart from the WLAN feature in the Nav high and the MY19’s that use your phone’s hotspot for its internet connection.

Is the Tarraco capable or is this due in the near future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
WLAN not available on the Tarraco

Apparently it is but it’s the same implementation that’s on the MY19 Leon’s.

It broadcasts an SSID to allow up 8 devices to connect to its access point. It uses internet connection sharing to provide access to the internet. I.e from a mobile phone.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Apparently it is but it’s the same implementation that’s on the MY19 Leon’s.

It broadcasts an SSID to allow up 8 devices to connect to its access point. It uses internet connection sharing to provide access to the internet. I.e from a mobile phone.

How? I have looked but there Are no options for this nor is the SEAT Media control installed.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
How? I have looked but there Are no options for this nor is the SEAT Media control installed.

Media control should work.
The screenshot is taken from the Tarraco manual. Seems to be the same as what’s in my Leon.

Link (pages 204 and 205)

https://www.seat.co.uk/datamanual-manual/tarraco/my19_w48/en-uk/Tarraco_11_18_EN.pdf

IMG_0031.jpg

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Media control should work.
The screenshot is taken from the Tarraco manual. Seems to be the same as what’s in my Leon.

Link (pages 204 and 205)

https://www.seat.co.uk/datamanual-manual/tarraco/my19_w48/en-uk/Tarraco_11_18_EN.pdf

View attachment 8098

I have a Tarraco parked in front and there is no Media Control app installed on the infotainment nor Are there any settings relating connecting other devices. That’s why I am surprised it hasn’t got anything

I read that bit in the manual several times but it appears to have no bearing on what’s actually available. This might work in other markets but it certainly looks like they have removed this from the UK market

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I have a Tarraco parked in front and there is no Media Control app installed on the infotainment nor Are there any settings relating connecting other devices. That’s why I am surprised it hasn’t got anything

I read that bit in the manual several times but it appears to have no bearing on what’s actually available. This might work in other markets but it certainly looks like they have removed this from the UK market

Fair enough mate

Like you suggested it may just be available in other markets. On SEATs YouTube channel I saw the Tarraco infotainment unit with the media control app available.

Personally I haven’t found much use for media control.

IMG_0032.jpg

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Yeah I know, it's a bit pants, I also read all this and saw the YouTube stuff before I got the car but nothing! I've got 100Gb data allowance on my phone per month so it would be awesome to have a hotspot in the car even though that I can do effectively the same thing form the phone directly.

Unless there is Firmware update that can be installed to match the international specs.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members