Any SCs out there yet?

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
If anyone in the London area is keen to see an SC, they've got one on show at the free Motorexpo show that's on at Canary Wharf until Sunday. They say it's one of only two SCs in the country at the moment. It's a good-looking car but with similarities to an Ibiza.

The show is spread over quite a wide outdoor area and is badly signposted - the main SEAT display is in Canada Square Park although there are also some SEATs in Cabot Place. One unexpected (non-SEAT) car which is not listed among the exhibitors on the show Web site is the Tesla Model S all-electric sedan which can do 0-60 in 4.2 seconds and has a range of up to 265 miles (if you choose the biggest battery pack). It has a high-res infotainment/control screen the size of a computer monitor. An impressive vehicle.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Planning on going to Motorexpo this weekend, definitely want to see the SC. Will try and get some photos. Are you allowed to sit inside?

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Yes you are, but I didn't try to squeeze into the back. I doesn't look like a place where I would like to spend a long journey.

Had a look today, see what you mean about the lack of space! Seems nice in the front but build quality in places is poor. Took a 5dr 1.4 TSI FR with the Tech Pack out for a test drive :)

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Oh and a picture of the one on show (not mine)
london-motor-expo-2013-25.jpg

neilmcl

Apr 18, 2004
Had a look today, see what you mean about the lack of space! Seems nice in the front but build quality in places is poor. Took a 5dr 1.4 TSI FR with the Tech Pack out for a test drive :)
Anything in particular?

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Anything in particular?

Its just the usual SEAT interior moans really. Plastic feels cheap in places as although its nice on the top half of the dash, lower down and on the doors it isn't so great and feels flimsy. Looked at it back to back with the new Skoda Octavia which seemed to be finished of to a much higher standard. The alcantara/ leather seats are very nice though. This isn't SC specific as the only difference between the two is the lack of rear space but you could live without that given it looks so much cooler

Overall it's certainly an improvement on the Mk2 and I will seriously consider buying one next year, but not the ultimate in quality! I stand by my criticisms in this thread from last year - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=364435

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
If anyone in the London area is keen to see an SC, they've got one on show at the free Motorexpo show that's on at Canary Wharf until Sunday. They say it's one of only two SCs in the country at the moment. It's a good-looking car but with similarities to an Ibiza.

I'm pretty sure there's an SC in the SEAT dealer in Darlington up north, there must be more than 2 in the country!

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
That bit about there being two SCs in the country was posted about six weeks ago. I'm sure there are plenty now.