Anyone done DIY vinyl wrap on lower bumper I.e Cupra style?

Gadgetboy

Aug 8, 2010
Durham
Hi

I've ordered the Cupra grill and getting some wing mirror covers painted gloss black, all this is to match my gloss black wheels.

Now I want to have the lower bumper bit behind the number plate covered in gloss black vinyl. Has anyone done this themselves, and if so where did you get the vinyl from?

Cheers.

Easty

Jan 27, 2010
Guiseley, Leeds
Hi

I've ordered the Cupra grill and getting some wing mirror covers painted gloss black, all this is to match my gloss black wheels.

Now I want to have the lower bumper bit behind the number plate covered in gloss black vinyl. Has anyone done this themselves, and if so where did you get the vinyl from?

Cheers.

Could always get it sprayed matey...

bs2.JPG

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
Tryed to vinyl it but I am not good at DIY and just coulden't get it right so had it sprayed in the end.

+1 i have a roll of black vinyl and tried it myself and couldnt get the curve (where the number plate goes) right so ripped it off in anger lol

Will get it painted one day when i can be bothered

Gadgetboy

Aug 8, 2010
Durham
Cheers everyone :)

I'm decided on going on the vinyl route. If I don't get it right I can always spray it.

Need to know what type of black gloss vinyl I need. Was just goin to order some off eBay.

Going to see about getting my windows tinted on Monday. Might even ask them if they could wrap the bumper for me.

Gadgetboy

Aug 8, 2010
Durham
Isn't that car on Autotrader?

Think its a silver Leon with Yellow vinyl, wasn't quite what I am planning for mine though :D

GREG_R84

Keep right on
Oct 3, 2007
Tamworth
Isn't that car on Autotrader?

Think its a silver Leon with Yellow vinyl, wasn't quite what I am planning for mine though :D

Yea it was, i part ex'd my LCR for it 2 weeks ago from performance direct in bristol. I know its not what you were looking at doing, but i just wanted to post a pic lol

Gadgetboy

Aug 8, 2010
Durham
I'm going to order a bit of black gloss vinyl off eBay and attempt this over the weekend. Hopefully I'll get it looking as good as the ones on here. By the weekend I should also have my expensive (but nice) Cupra front grill and gloss black wing mirror covers :D

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
I used a scalpel blade, carefully lifting the vinyl off the paint so as not to scratch.

Just take you time, clean the surface underneath, and a bit of hot air helps with any curves. And if you get a bubble, you can make a small piecing in it, the heat it up and push the air out.

The site i listed in the other thread was fairly cheap too (For the roll of vinyl).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise